Batteries, Lighting, Tools and Facilities Management Consumables
The Lighting, Tools and Facilities Management Consumables element of this framework starts on 10 May 2021, runs for 24 months and ends on 9 May 2023.There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
The Batteries and Chargers (lot 1) element of this framework starts on 7 February 2022, runs for 24 months and ends on 6 February 2024.There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
There are three lots on this framework:
- Batteries and Chargers
- Lighting Bulbs and Torches
- Tools and Associated Products.
We have broadened our frameworks offering to include a range of specialised suppliers who will bring a range of consumables under a more resilient bespoke offering. This framework now offers compatible medical batteries that are commonly used in multitone bleepers and high powered batteries used in electronic thermometers. Lots two and three’s offering includes tools, tool storage and maintenance equipment usually bought by Estates and Facilities departments non-stock, but can now be sourced compliantly through our framework.
We are committed to supporting the NHS objective of becoming the world’s first net carbon zero national health system. As part of our framework offering, we have a list of sustainable products to support including:
- LED lighting
- Rechargeable batteries
- Electric vehicle charging.
See our Useful Links section for further information on battery recycling in our helpful Lighting Tools Buying Guide.
We have access to a wide range of products directly, if you require an item in scope that is not highlighted on the framework please get in touch with
There are 9 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Six suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- Three supplier are incumbent
- No suppliers are being delisted from this framework.
See our Downloads ▼ section for a full list of all suppliers, listed on the product listing.
- 339 products are on the framework in total
- 84 products are being added from new suppliers
- 13 new products are being added from incumbent suppliers
- The supply routes are stock, Blue Diamond, eDirect and Direct.
A full listed of product areas on this framework:Batteries and Chargers
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Light bulbs
- Work lights
- Head torches
- Pen torches
- Hand torches
- Emergency lighting.
- Tools and storage
- Pathways maintenance
- Winter proofing. .
See our Downloads ▼ section for a full list of all products listed on the product listing.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.