Surgical Mesh, Fixation Devices and Bulking Agents
The Surgical Mesh, Fixation Devices and Bulking Agents framework starts on 2 November 2020, runs for 48 months and ends on 1 November 2024. This includes a 24 month extension.
There are over 1,346 products on this framework including 496 new products from new and incumbent suppliers.
Surgical mesh is a woven sheet which is used as either a permanent or temporary support for organs and other tissues during surgery. The meshes are used in a variety of surgeries and reconstructive work including hernia and abdominal repairs, and reconstructive work such as breast reconstruction or pelvic organ prolapse. The framework includes most types of surgical mesh including synthetic, biological and hybrid mesh, and products which are used in conjunction with mesh fixation such as staples, glues and self-fixation mesh systems.
There are four Lots on the Surgical Mesh, Fixation Devices and Bulking Agents new framework:
- Lot 1: Standard Flat Mesh
- Lot 2: Specialist Mesh (Biologic, Pre-cut, Contour, Self-fixating, Biologic Hybrid, Synthetic Hybrid)
- Lot 3: Fixation Devices
- Lot 4: Stress Incontinence Mesh and Bulking Agents.
Surgical Mesh is used by surgeons and scrub nurses in theatres and day surgery units.
Cardiovascular patch cardiac repair non biological tissue products have moved to the Cardiac Surgery Cardiac Rhythm Management, Diagnostic and Interventional Consumables and Associated Products framework, see our Useful Links section for further details.
For information on the NICE guidelines for Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse in Women (April 2019) please see our Useful Links section for further details.
The framework provides a National Pricing Matrix (NPM) from a number of suppliers, which will allow savings opportunities for customers who are able to consolidate their purchasing.
If you are interested in making savings via the NPM, please speak to your NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.
There are 25 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- One supplier is new to NHS Supply Chain
- Six suppliers are new to the framework
- 18 suppliers are incumbent
- Five suppliers are being delisted.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework.
- Advanced Medical Solutions Limited
- Aquilant Limited
- B Braun Medical Limited
- Bard Limited
- Boston Scientific Limited UK
- Cook (UK) Limited
- Elemental Healthcare Limited
- Hospital Services Limited
- Inomed Health Limited
- Johnson & Johnson Medical Limited
- June Medical Limited
- Kebomed (UK) Limited
- Medtronic Limited
- Pfm Medical UK Limited
- Pierson Surgical Limited
- Q Medical Technologies Limited
- Raise Healthcare Pvt Limited
- W L Gore & Associates Limited.
New suppliers to the framework
- Assut UK Limited
- Baxter Healthcare Limited
- Eurosurgical Limited
- H&R Healthcare Limited
- Healthcare 21 UK Limited
- Meril GmBH.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain
Ideal Medical Solutions Limited.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.