Needle Free Connection Systems and Associated Products
This new framework starts on 1 November 2020, will run for 24 months and ends on 31 October 2022. There is an options to extend for an additional 24 months.
Needlefree Connection Systems are valves/connectors which allow infusion, injection sample taking and changing of intravenous tubing without opening the intravenous circuit to the atmosphere. A luer lock syringe is applied to the valve to administer the fluid or drug.
These products support both the Safer Sharps and Health and Safety agendas within trusts in the delivery of their IV Therapy services. The use of a vascular access device (VAD) can result in a needle-stick injury. Needlefree connection systems are used to remove the potential for needle-stick injuries. Additional benefits from the use of these products include reducing central line associated blood stream infections by maintaining a closed system, reducing catheter occlusions and the risk of cannula displacement.
The Needlefree Connection Systems and Associated Products framework agreement offers both a wide range of suppliers and products. The agreement is an integral part of NHS Supply Chain’s IV Therapy offer and complements a range of other products and framework agreements in the same field.
The agreement encompasses needlefree products covering a wide variety of different clinical applications and technologies providing you with choice and potential savings opportunities. The structure of this framework agreement offers flexibility and the opportunity to introduce new technologies, products and brands as and when they are brought to market.
Many of the products available via the stock route are available in a lower unit of issue providing customers the opportunity to materially manage these products across a wide range of users and departments.
The framework provides a National Pricing Matrix (NPM) from a number of suppliers, which will allow savings opportunities for customers.
There will be 90 products delisted from this framework, of which:
- 34 products have indirect alternatives
- 56 products have no alternatives.
The full list of delisted lines and details of all alternative products is available by clicking the link below.
There are 16 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- 7 suppliers are new to the framework
- 9 suppliers are incumbent
- 2 suppliers have been delisted
There are three lots on this framework:
- Lot 1 Needle Free Connection Systems
- Lot 2 Needle Free Disinfection Caps
- Lot 3 Closed System Transfer Devices
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.