Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
This framework starts on 29 March 2021, runs for 48 months and ends on 28 March 2025.
Negative Pressure Wound Therapy involves Therapeutic techniques using vacuum dressings and equipment to promote healing in chronic, surgical and acute wounds. This framework includes Large, Portable and Disposable Pumps available via purchase, rental and Free on Loan options.
New product range
There is a new Disposable Device product being added to Lot 3 from Molnlykce, it is called Avance Solo. The relevant consumables will be in Lot 4.
There are five lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Large Pumps – generally used in an Acute setting.
- Lot 2: Portable Pumps – defined as able to be transported or conveyed by hand and allow patient full mobility (if needed) whilst receiving negative pressure therapy or for use in an ambulatory care setting.
- Lot 3: Disposable Pumps – are single patient use pumps and are to be disposed of once used to treat the wound for a set period of time. Exudate to be stored away from the wound in a canister and/or dressing. Disposable negative pressure devices are defined as able to be transported or conveyed by hand and allow patients full mobility (if needed) whilst receiving negative pressure therapy.
- Lot 4: Consumables – products that are used in conjunction with negative pressure wound therapy pumps.
- Lot 5: Pump Rental – the rental of pumps listed in lots 1 and 2.
There are approximately 260 products in this new framework. There is a wider product choice for our customers with 96 new product codes being added in the renewal.
There are Eight suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Two suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- Six suppliers are incumbent.
- ConvaTec Ltd
- H & R Healthcare Ltd
- KCI Medical Ltd
- Molnlycke Healthcare
- Smith & Nephew
- Talley Group.
New suppliers to the framework
- GBUK Healthcare
- Medela UK Ltd.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.
Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Delisted ProductsAn Excel file showing the delisted products for Negative Wound Pressure Therapy Delisted Products
Please log in to view this content.
Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Product ListingsAn Excel file showing the delisted products for Negative Wound Pressure Therapy Product Listings
Please log in to view this content.