Patient Temperature Management
The framework for Patient Temperature Management starts on 16 September 2019, runs for 24 months and ends on 15 September 2021. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
This framework will offer a choice of brands for patient warming, cooling and temperature sensor products, with over 605 products from 27 suppliers.
Studies show that warming patients and maintaining a core temperature of 36ºC or higher helps improve outcomes by reducing the frequency of complications often associated with unintended hypothermia. Keeping patients warm throughout perioperative periods facilitates increased wound healing, more rapid recovery from anaesthetic, and a speedier return to normal mobility.
Cooling solutions are also available for maintaining the required body temperature.
There are five Lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1 – Forced air patient warming blankets
- Lot 2 – Blood and fluid warming equipment and consumables
- Lot 3 – Patient temperature management equipment
- Lot 4 – Patient temperature management consumables
- Lot 5 – Temperature sensors and probes
122 lines will be delisted, of which:
- Five NPCs have direct alternatives
- 117 NPCs have no alternatives.
See our Downloads ▼ section for details of the products removed from our catalogue.
There are 27 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Six suppliers are new to the framework, of which three are new to NHS Supply Chain
- 21 suppliers are incumbent
- Four suppliers are being delisted:
Deroyal Global Healthcare Ltd; Eschmann Holdings Ltd; P3 Medical Limited and Pleskarn Ltd (T/A Lewis’s Medical).
There are six new suppliers on this framework who will bring a greater choice of products.
|Suppliers||Incumbent||New to Framework||New to NHS Supply Chain|
|3M United Kingdom PLC||X|
|Abena UK Limited||X|
|Armstrong Medical Ltd||X|
|Cantel (UK) Limited||X|
|Central Medical Supplies Limited||X|
|Crest Medical Ltd||X|
|Delta Surgical Ltd||X|
|Draeger Medical UK Limited||X|
|Eden Medical (UK) Limited||X|
|Fenton Pharmaceuticals Ltd||X|
|Healthcare 21 (UK) Limited||X|
|Inspiration Healthcare Ltd||X|
|Ivor Shaw Ltd t/a Pennine Healthcare||X|
|Mölnlycke Health Care Ltd||X|
|Novus Med Ltd||X|
|Orvec International Ltd||X|
|Pharmed UK Limited formerly Neurotechnics Ltd)||X|
|Proact Medical Ltd||X|
|QED Scientific Ltd||X|
|Reliance Medical Ltd (formerly Lewis’s Medical Supplies)||X|
|SISK Healthcare UK Ltd T/A Cardiac Services||X|
|Smiths Medical International Ltd||X|
|STRYKER UK LTD||X|
|Vyaire Medical Products Limited||X|
- 163 new products have been added to this framework
- 163 new NPCs have been added, 52 from new suppliers and 111 from incumbent suppliers
- 605 products are on this framework in total.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.