Patient Temperature Management
The framework for Patient Temperature Management starts on 20 November 2023, runs for 24 months and ends on 19 November 2025. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
This framework will offer a choice of brands for patient warming, cooling and temperature sensor products, with 476 products from 19.
Studies show that warming patients and maintaining a core temperature of 36ºC or higher helps improve outcomes by reducing the frequency of complications often associated with unintended hypothermia. Keeping patients warm throughout perioperative periods facilitates increased wound healing, more rapid recovery from anaesthetic, and a speedier return to normal.
Cooling solutions are also available for maintaining the required body temperature.
There are five lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1 – Forced air patient warming blankets
- Lot 2 – Blood and fluid warming equipment and consumables
- Lot 3 – Patient temperature management equipment
- Lot 4 – Passive equipment
- Lot 5 – Temperature sensors and probes
The framework provides a National Pricing Matrix (NPM) from a number of suppliers, which will allow savings opportunities for customers who are able to consolidate their purchasing.
If you are interested in making savings via the NPM, please speak to your NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager. Also, further NPMs will be available post Go Live.
Net Zero and Social Value
From April 2022 all of our frameworks have adopted the Procurement Policy Notice 06/20. The suppliers on this framework have demonstrated their plans for:
- Fighting climate change
- Equal opportunity.
289 lines will be delisted.
See our Downloads section for the full list of delisted lines and details of all alternative products.
Note: unique reference numbers (URN’s) do not feature within this framework.
There are 19 suppliers in total on this framework. This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework by lot:
|Lot One:||3M United Kingdom PLC||Y||N|
|Lot One:||Aquilant Limited||Y||N|
|Lot One:||GBUK Ltd||Y||N|
|Lot One:||Central Medical Supplies Limited||Y||N|
|Lot One:||HC21 (UK) Ltd||Y||N|
|Lot One:||Smiths Medical International Ltd||Y||N|
|Lot Two:||3M United Kingdom PLC||Y||N|
|Lot Two:||Aquilant Limited||Y||N|
|Lot Two:||Central Medical Supplies Limited||Y||N|
|Lot Two:||Eden Medical (UK) Limited||Y||N|
|Lot Two:||GBUK Ltd||Y||N|
|Lot Two:||Smiths Medical International Ltd||N||N|
|Lot Two:||Fenton Pharmaceuticals Limited||N||N|
|Lot Three:||Becton, Dickinson U.K. Limited||Y||N|
|Lot Three:||Delta Surgical Ltd||Y||Y|
|Lot Three:||Ecolab Ltd||N||N|
|Lot Three:||Eden Medical (UK) Limited||N||Y|
|Lot Three:||Central Medical Supplies Limited||N||Y|
|Lot Three:||Novus Medical Ltd||N||Y|
|Lot Four:||Central Medical Supplies Limited||Y||N|
|Lot Four:||Crest Medical Ltd||Y||N|
|Lot Four:||Draeger Medical UK Limited||Y||N|
|Lot Four:||Fenton Pharmaceuticals Limited||N||N|
|Lot Four:||Molnlycke Health Care Ltd||N||Y|
|Lot Four:||Reliance Medical Ltd||Y||N|
|Lot Four:||STERIS Solutions Limited||Y||N|
|Lot Five:||3M United Kingdom PLC||N||N|
|Lot Five:||Central Medical Supplies Limited||Y||N|
|Lot Five:||Delta Surgical Ltd||Y||N|
|Lot Five:||Draeger Medical UK Limited||N||N|
|Lot Five:||HC21 (UK) Ltd||N||N|
|Lot Five:||Proact Medical Ltd||Y||N|
|Lot Five:||Vyaire Medical Products Limited||N||N|
|Lot Five:||Smiths Medical International Ltd||N||N|
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.