Pulse Oximetry, Capnography and Related Monitoring Technologies
Type: Contract Extension Reference: 2019/S 071-167350 Supply Route: Stocked, Blue Diamond, eDirect
Start Date: 2 March 2020 Expiry Date: 1 March 2024
This framework starts on 2 March 2020, runs for 48 months and ends on 1 March 2024. This includes a 24 month extension.
The framework covers the supply of pulse oximetry, capnography and related patient monitoring technologies (monitors, devices and consumables), for monitoring five key base modalities.
The five base modalities are:
- SpO2 – saturated pulse oximetry measurement which measures the ratio of oxygenated to deoxygenated haemoglobin via a tape/wrap or sensor placed at a specific part of the body, for example, finger or ear.
- ETCO2 – endtidal CO2 measurement (also known as capnography) which measures carbon dioxide concentration in the breath via an airway adaptor and/or sample line.
- NIRS – near infra-red spectroscopy, measures the ratio of oxygenated to deoxygenated haemoglobin at a specific part of the body, typically used for brain, oxygen measuring (called cerebral) but could also be at any other point in the body (called somatic) using a sensor. This modality is sometimes also referred to as regional SpO2.
- Transcutaneous CO2 Partial Pressure (tcPCO2) – gas monitoring, using conventional electrochemical techniques, provides a means of trending the values of PaO2 and PaCO2.
- Depth of Anaesthesia – a way of measuring the depth of sedation of a patient by monitoring EEG waves.
|Suppliers||Incumbent||New to NHS Supply Chain||New to Framework|
|Albert Waeschle Ltd||X|
|Deltex Medical Ltd||X|
|Drive DeVilbiss Sidhil Ltd||X|
|GE Medical Systems Ltd||X|
|Henleys Medical Systems Limited||X|
|Henry Schein Medical||X|
|Masimo Europe Limited||X|
|Med Matters Ltd||X|
|Mindray UK Ltd||X|
|Pharmed UK t/a Neurotechnics||X|
|Philips Healthcare Ltd||X|
|Praxis Medical Ltd||X|
|PROACT Medical Ltd||X|
|SISK Healthcare UK Ltd t/a Cardiac Services||X|
|Stryker UK Ltd||X|
|Syringa UK Ltd||X|
|Timesco Healthcare Ltd||X|
|Walters Medical Ltd||X|
|White Medical Ltd||X|
|Zoll Medical UK Ltd||X|
There are two lots on this framework:
- Lot 1 - Monitors and Devices
- Lot 2 - Consumables.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.