Pulse Oximetry, Capnography and Related Monitoring Technologies
This framework starts on 4 March 2024, will run for 48 months and ends on 1 March 2028.
Pulse Oximetry is a non-invasive monitoring technique that measures the oxygen saturation in the blood.
Capnography is the non-invasive monitoring of the concentration or partial pressure of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the exhaled breath.
Both of these, along with Patient Monitoring Technologies (monitors, devices and consumables). allow doctors to monitor a patient’s physiological health.
There are three lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Monitors and Devices
- Lot 2: Consumables
- Lot 3: Pulse Oximetry Monitor with Oxygen Delivery.
Lot 3 is new to the framework and allows for the provision of new and improved technologies as they emerge.
The start of the framework sees price increases from the suppliers Masimo and Philips, causing cost pressures on some product lines. Customers may be able to mitigate these by reviewing the savings opportunities offered on the framework.
National Pricing Matrix (NPM) – allows you to benefit from a discounted pricing structure from a supplier in return for either a value or volume commitment, for an agreed time period.
See our Downloads section if you are interested in making savings via the NPM. Please contact our Hospital Care Team to find out what these new opportunities could mean for your trust.
Information for Clinical Choice (ICC) – assists clinicians in the decision-making process when assessing the suitability of a product, ensuring that clinical choice remains at the forefront of any product switching decision. The Information for Clinical Choice for pulse oximetry will be able shortly after the framework starts.
Net Zero and Social Value
From April 2022 all of our frameworks have adopted the Procurement Policy Notice 06/20. The suppliers on this framework have demonstrated their plans for:
- Fighting climate change.
Important notice – for stocked products only.
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all product at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
562 lines have been delisted from the framework.
See our Downloads section for the full list of delisted lines and details of all alternative products.
There are 26 suppliers in total on this framework. This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Albert Waeschle Ltd
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare Ltd
- GE Medical Systems Ltd
- Henleys Medical Supplies Ltd
- Henry Schein UK Holdaigs Ltd
- Kinetic Medical Devices Ltd (New)
- Masimo UK
- Mediplus Ltd
- Med Matters Ltd
- Medscience Distribution Ltd
- Medtronic Ltd
- Mindray UK Ltd
- Orca Medical Ltd (New)
- Ortus Technology Ltd (New)
- Philips Electronics UK Ltd
- Praxis Medical Ltd
- Proact Medical Ltd
- Radiometer Ltd
- Reflex Medical Ltd (New)
- Rudolf Riester GmbH
- Sentec Medical Ltd
- Stryker Uk Ltd
- Timesco Healthcare Ltd
- Vygon Uk Ltd
- Walters Medical UK Ltd
- Zoll Medical Uk Ltd.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Hospital Care and Out of Hospital Care Teams – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with UK procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.