Single Use Tourniquet
This framework starts on 25 May 2022, runs for 24 months and ends on 24 May 2024.
Tourniquets assist phlebotomists with venipuncture.
Products on this framework are primarily used in phlebotomy clinics but are also used across various acute and community departments. Phlebotomists use tourniquets to assess and determine the location of a suitable vein for drawing blood by applying pressure to a limb to limit – but not stop – the flow of blood. Single use tourniquets (also referred to as disposable tourniquets) significantly reduce the risk of infection from cross contamination.
- Band Tourniquet
- Button Tourniquet
- Pull Through Tourniquet.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Listing which details the product information for Button Tourniquets and Pull Through Tourniquets.
There are no current national regulatory requirements within the market for Single Use Tourniquets in relation to minimum tensile strength requirements, the products on this framework therefore vary in tensile strength.
Should customers wish to review products on the new framework, samples can be ordered via your Clinical Nurse Advisor or our Hospital Care Team. See our Useful Links section for contact details.
Work is due to be undertaken post framework launch with internal and external stakeholders on an essential specification to help determine a threshold for tensile strength.
Price Ranking – at-a-glance documents developed so you can review suppliers’ prices of comparable products with ease. See our Downloads section to view the price ranking information for this framework.
- Alxr Ltd
- Apollo Medical Technologies Ltd
- Asep Healthcare
- Becton, Dickinson U.K. Ltd Wokingham
- Ebrington (Ni) Ltd
- Genmed Enterprises Ltd
- Genx Medicare
- Greiner Bio-One Ltd
- Inivos Ltd
- Iskus Health Uk Ltd
- Medicare Products
- Medicina Ltd
- Medline Industries Ltd
- Meglio Ltd
- Reliance Medical Ltd
- Richardson Healthcare Ltd
- Robinson Healthcare Ltd
- Rocialle Healthcare Ltd
- Siva Tec Ltd
- Technomate Ltd
- Timesco Healthcare Ltd
- Tlb Medical Supplies Ltd
- Vygon Uk Ltd.
Band, Button and Pull Through Tourniquets are all available to purchase through our online catalogue.What are Single Use Tourniquets used for?
Single Use Tourniquets are used to restrict blood flow, with the clinical usage predominately in phlebotomy clinics, although they have medical applications across various other acute and community departments. Being single use reduces the risk of contamination and patient infection.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Hospital Care and Out of Hospital Care Teams – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with UK procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.