Structural Heart Valves, Perfusion and Ventricular Assist Devices and Consumables
The new framework starts on 21 June 2021, runs for 24 months and ends on 20 June 2023. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
There are 3 lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1 Structural Heart; Heart Valves, Mechanical and Tissue, Annuloplasty Rings and Bands – eDirect
- Lot 2 Perfusion (new to NHS Supply Chain); Heart and Lung machines, Heater coolers, Cannulae, Tubing packs and associated consumables – eDirect/ Direct/URN one off purchases of capital equipment
- Lot 3 Ventricular Assist Devices (VADs) (new to NHS Supply Chain); Ventricular Assist Devices, Implant Kits, Patients Kits, Cannulae and associated consumables – eDirect.
This framework consists of products used for surgical repair and replacement of heart valves. (Lot 1) It also covers two new areas, perfusion (Lot 2) and VADs (Lot 3). The perfusion category consists of many products that are used to circulate blood and oxygen around a patient whilst having open heart surgery. Ventricular Assist Devices (VADs) are used to support patients heart functions whilst waiting for heart transplants, they can be short term or long-term implants.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework.
- Abbott Medical UK Ltd
- Aquilant Ltd
- Bard Limited
- Berlin Heart Gmbh
- BVM Medical Limited
- Cryolife Europa
- Dot Medical Ltd
- Edwards Lifesciences Ltd
- EUROSETS SRL
- LeMaitre Vascular Gmbh
- Livanova UK Ltd
- Maquet Limited
- Medtronic Limited
- Meril Gmbh
- Pierson Surgical Ltd
- Terumo UK Ltd.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.