Total Orthopaedic Solutions 2
The new Total Orthopaedic Solutions 2 framework starts on 3 February 2020, will run for 48 months and ends on 2 February 2024.
The agreement provides access to competitive national pricing across 10 product Lots (see the product categories section for details). It continues the work conducted under the Total Orthopaedic Solutions 1 framework agreement, which has delivered in excess of £60 million in annualised cash releasing savings to the NHS to date. We look to secure effective solutions for all NHS trusts and through this way of working we have secured over 50% of all spend in scope across the English NHS. This has been achieved through a solution based approach which has seen continual efficiency improvements.
What you can expect from us
We will work closely with each trust to provide support throughout the process with dedicated Category Managers (CMs) and Clinical Engagement and Implementation Managers (CEIMs). The CM will work with you to ensure the trust objectives are clearly identified early in the process and the CEIM will engage with your clinicians, drive rationalisation projects and help with product selections.
Opportunities are identified by completing a full review of a trusts orthopaedic spend and then benchmarking this against the Total Orthopaedic Solutions 2 framework. This identifies where trusts are able to save money by simply providing their consent to migrate to Total Orthopaedic Solutions 2 pricing and transact via the NHS Supply Chain eDirect route.
We have a dedicated team of experienced professionals with orthopaedic clinical, industry, product and commercial expertise who can converse with all stakeholders. Through our in depth and robust processes, we have delivered successful outcomes for a number of years which are centred around the needs of clinical departments.
It is essential that we have early meetings with clinical leads, to discuss the changing landscape, the end to end processes for complex projects and the national strategy. The assigned CEIM will then maintain direct and regular contact with the clinical lead or appointed sub speciality clinical lead in order to maintain collaboration.
Engagement focused and supported processes
Procurement has a fundamental role in delivering a positive outcome and we are resourced to ensure that support is targeted and utilised as effectively as possible. The clinical team are at the heart of the decision making process. We will ensure that they are given the right support throughout in order to make an informed and timely decision.
See our Useful Links section to view a detailed guide on our category page about what we can provide in terms of the Total Orthopaedics Solutions 2 framework and how we can support you.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the full list of discontinued lines and details of all alternative products available.
23,598 lines will be delisted by 3 February 2020, of which:
- 23,528 NPCs have no alternatives mapped
- 0 NPCs have direct alternatives
- 70 NPCs have indirect alternatives.
There are 95 suppliers in total on this framework.
The full list of suppliers is available in the Supplier Matrix download below.
- 33 suppliers are new to the framework, of which 24 suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain.
- 62 suppliers are incumbent.
- Six suppliers are being delisted – DJO UK Ltd, Inomed Health Ltd, Key Med ( Medical & Industrial Equipment) Ltd, Matz Medical Ltd, Medicrea Technologies UK Ltd, Spierings Orthopaedics BV
- 62,924 new products have been added to this framework (from new and incumbent suppliers).
- 250,000 products are on this framework in total.
- Lot 1 - Orthopaedic Hip Arthroplasty
- Lot 2 - Orthopaedic Knee Arthroplasty
- Lot 3 - Orthopaedic Extremities
- Lot 4 - Orthopaedic Internal & External Fixation
- Lot 5 - Spine
- Lot 6 - Arthroscopy / Sports Medicine
- Lot 7 - Bone Preparation
- Lot 8 - Orthopaedic Power Tools and Consumables
- Lot 9 - Regenerative Technology
- Lot 10 - Orthopaedic Generic Instrumentation
Areas CoveredThis new framework is an amalgamation of two frameworks: Musculoskeletal and Total Orthopaedic Solutions. There are 10 lots on this new framework:
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.