Transcatheter Heart Valve Repair, Replacement and Associated Devices
This framework starts on 18 September 2023, runs for 24 months and ends on 17 September 2025. There is an option to extend for an additional 22 months.
TAVI (Transcatheter aortic valve implantation) is a common procedure that improves the blood flow in your heart by replacing an aortic valve that doesn’t open fully. A patient’s quality of life can improve after having TAVI and their symptoms, such as chest pain and breathlessness, can improve. Most people can return to their normal lives within a few weeks after having a TAVI procedure.
TAVI was originally used as an alternative to heart valve surgery for people who weren’t well enough to have open heart surgery to replace their aortic valves. However, TAVI is now being used for people at lower risk of complications from heart surgery because research is showing it’s at least as effective as heart valve surgery after one year.
There are two lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1 – Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implants
- Lot 2 – Transcatheter Non-Aortic Valve/Chord Repair and Replacement Devices and Aortic and Non-Aortic.
The framework provides a National Pricing Matrix (NPM) from a number of suppliers, which will allow savings opportunities for customers who are able to consolidate their purchasing.
There is no auto enrolment for NPMs, and all customers must sign triparty agreements. The NPMs will not be published, and all discussions about potential opportunities to utilise new NPMs please speak to your NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.
Net Zero and Social Value
From April 2022 all of our frameworks have adopted the Procurement Policy Notice 06/20. The suppliers on this framework have demonstrated their plans for:
- COVID-19 recovery
- Tackling economic inequality
- Fighting climate change
- Equal opportunity
There are 12 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 4 suppliers are incumbent.
- 8 suppliers are new to the framework.
- 0 suppliers have been delisted.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Boston Scientific
- Dot Medical
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.