Vascular Therapy and Associated Products
The new framework for Vascular Therapy and Associated Products starts on 28 February 2024, runs for 24 months and ends on 27 February 2026. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
This framework provides a wide range of vascular therapy products to reduce the risk of patients developing Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) post-surgery, manage venous and lymphatic conditions, and treat leg ulcers and lymphoedema. This includes anti-embolism stockings, intermittent pneumatic compression (IPC) garments, graduated compression hosiery and leg ulcer kits. The products are used in theatres, post-surgery wards, wards, the homes of patients and in the community.
It has 10 lots. They are:
- Lot 1 – Anti-Embolism Stockings and Accessories
- Lot 2 – Sequential Intermittent Pneumatic Compression Garments and Accessories
- Lot 3 – Universal Intermittent Pneumatic Compression Garments and Accessories
- Lot 4 – Graduated Compression Hosiery and Accessories
- Lot 5 – Upper Limb Compression Garments and Accessories
- Lot 6 – Graduated Compression Hosiery Kits and Accessories
- Lot 7 – Neuromuscular Electro Stimulation (NMES) Devices
- Lot 8 – Compression Wraps and Accessories
- Lot 9 – Compression Garment Applicators Single Patient Use
- Lot 10 – Compression Garment Applicators Reusable
Since April 2022 all our frameworks have adopted the Procurement Policy Notice 06/20. The suppliers on this framework have demonstrated their plans for:
- Fighting climate change
- Equal opportunity
All suppliers awarded to the framework have a sustainability plan in place. During the life of the framework, we will work with suppliers to:
- Reduce/eliminate the use of single use plastics
- Review packaging to reduce waste
There are 23 suppliers awarded on this framework. They are:
- Arjo UK Ltd
- Cardinal Health UK 432 Ltd
- crxcompression.com – New to NHS Supply Chain
- Daylong Direct (Credenhill)
- Direct Health Group – New
- Enovis UK
- Essity T/A BSN Medical Ltd
- Gardamed Ltd
- Gardamed Limited (Barcelcom SA) – New to NHS Supply Chain
- Gardamed Ltd – Mego Afek – New to NHS Supply Chain
- Global Health and Safety Ltd. – New to framework
- Griffiths and Nielsen Ltd
- Haddenham Healthcare Ltd – New to framework
- Juzo UK Limited
- L&R Medical UK Ltd
- Medalin Limited
- Medi UK Ltd
- Neo-Innovations UK Ltd
- Praxis Medical Ltd – New to framework
- Rocialle Healthcare Ltd – New to framework
- Sigvaris Britain Ltd
- Thuasne UK Ltd
- Urgo Ltd
- The framework has 2,064 new products, of which 300 are new lines.
- A further 700 lines have been delisted.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Hospital Care and Out of Hospital Care Teams – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with UK procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.