Vascular Therapy and Associated Products
The new framework for Vascular Therapy and Associated Products starts on 28 February 2020, runs for 24 months and ends on 27 February 2022. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
This framework provides a wide range of vascular therapy products to reduce the risk of patients developing Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) post-surgery, manage venous and lymphatic conditions, and treat leg ulcers and lymphoedema. This includes anti-embolism stockings, intermittent pneumatic compression (IPC) garments, graduated compression hosiery, and leg ulcer kits. The products are used in theatres, post-surgery wards, wards, patients own homes, and in the community.
There are six Lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Anti Embolism Stockings (AES) – Knee High, Thigh High, Full Length
- Lot 2: Intermittent Compression Garments (IPC) – Below Knee, Thigh High, Universal
- Lot 3: Graduated compression Garments – Lower Limb, Upper Limb, Hand, Custom Made – Bespoke
- Lot 4: Leg Ulcer Kits – Kits, Kits incorporating the treatment of oedema, Liners
- Lot 5: Alternative products – Alternative therapy products, Wraps
- Lot 6: Accessories – IPC Tubing, Donning and Doffing, Tape Measures.
There are 19 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- 13 suppliers are incumbent
- Three suppliers are new to the framework
- Three suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain (via the transacted route)
- Two suppliers are being delisted – Molnlycke Healthcare Limited and Firstkind Limited.
This is the full list of suppliers awarded on this new framework.
- Arjo UK Limited
- Cardinal Health UK 432 Limited
- DJO UK Limited
- Essity trading as BSN Medical Limited
- Gardamed Limited
- Griffiths and Nielsen Limited
- H&R Healthcare Limited
- L&R Medical UK Limited
- Medi UK Limited
- Neo-Innovations UK Limited
- OPED UK Limited
- Sallis Healthcare Limited
- Urgo Limited.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain
- Credenhill Limited
- Juzo UK Ltd
- Sigvaris Britain Limited.
New suppliers to the framework
- Fannin UK Limited
- Talley Group Limited
- Thuasne UK Limited.
- 2,064 new products have been added (from new and existing suppliers).
- 3,590 products are on this framework in total.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.