This new framework starts on 22 November 2021, will runs for 24 months and ends on 21 November 2023. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
A full range of wound closure products are available on this framework including all products that hold together the edges of a wound or surgical incision and products that reduce bleeding within the wound.
10 new suppliers have been awarded onto this framework, along with more than 6,750 new products from new and incumbent suppliers, giving customers greater product choice. More than 14,000 products are available on the framework in total.
There are five lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Sterile Surgical Sutures and Needles
- Lot 2: Haemostats
- Lot 3: Tissue/Skin Adhesives
- Lot 4: External Skins Staples and Staple Removers
- Lot 5: Wound Closure Strips.
The framework provides a National Pricing Matrix (NPM) from a number of suppliers, which will allow savings opportunities for customers who are able to consolidate their purchasing.
If you are interested in making savings via the NPM, please speak to your NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.
There are 37 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 27 suppliers are incumbent
- 10 suppliers are new to the framework: Creed Medical Ltd, Fannin UK Limited, GS Medical Healthcare, OscarTech UK Ltd, ProSys International Ltd, Reliance Medical Ltd, Sela Medical UK Ltd, Stryker Ltd, Takeda UK Ltd, Terumo UK Ltd
- 7 suppliers have been delisted: Aspen Medical Europe Ltd, Richardson Healthcare Ltd, Robinson Healthcare Ltd, Pennine Healthcare, Vygon UK Ltd, Surgical Holdings, Cryolife Europa Ltd and Spirit Healthcare.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- 3M United Kingdom PLC
- Advanced Medical Solutions PLC
- Anser Medical Ltd
- Aquilant Limited
- Assut UK Ltd
- B Braun Medical Limited
- Bard Ltd
- Baxter Healthcare Ltd
- Bunzl Retail & Healthcare Supplies Ltd
- Chemence Ltd
- Clinisupplies Ltd
- ConMed UK Ltd
- Creed Medical Ltd
- Crest Medical Ltd
- Delta Surgical Ltd
- Fannin UK Limited
- GS Medical Healthcare
- Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd
- Kebomed UK Ltd
- Medline Industries Ltd
- Medtronic Limited
- Meril UK Pvt Ltd
- OscarTech UK Ltd
- P3 Medical Ltd
- Pierson Surgical Ltd
- ProSys International Ltd
- Q-Surgical Ltd
- Reliance Medical Ltd
- Schuco International
- Sela Medical UK Ltd
- Smith & Nephew
- Stryker Ltd
- Takeda UK Ltd
- Teleflex Medical
- Terumo UK Ltd
- Uniplex UK Ltd
- Unisurge International Ltd.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.