In response to customer feedback, we now provide ‘Early Informs’ to ensure we are giving you information about potential supply disruption as soon as we can.
There are three status options for ‘Early Informs’ as follows:
- In Progress – we don’t yet have enough information to publish an Important Customer Notice (ICN) or it could be that we don’t need one if the issue is resolved quickly.
- Moved to ICN – an ‘Early Inform’ that has now progressed to a full ICN about the supply issue.
- Resolved – an issue that we informed you about but was resolved quickly and did not require an ICN.
Customers are advised to regularly visit our ICN pages https://www.supplychain.nhs.uk/product-information/customer-notices/ for the latest published ICN updates.
In all of these cases:
- We are working to collate all available information and assess any impact to NHS Supply Chain customers.
- Customers are reminded to order based on requirements, to support the entirety of the NHS having continuity of supply.
- If you have any immediate issues then please contact your Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.
Supply Issues Circular Stapling Range Johnson & Johnson
Date: 10 January 2023
- NHS Supply Chain has been made aware of a potential problem with CDH circular staplers supplied by Johnson & Johnson.
- It is possible that these products are being allocated by region.
- We are investigating and if required an ICN with further details will be issued as soon as possible.
Supply Issues Patient Temperature Management (Cooling Kits) Pharmed UK Ltd
Update: 30 December 2022
- NHS Supply Chain is aware of a supply issue with product code VCB312, Patient cooling kit. This NPC comprises cooling blankets for the upper and lower body and a head cover.
- The kit (branded Clincinnati Sub Zero) has been suspended until 15 January 2023.
- Consumable products are directly linked to capital equipment (Blanketrol III) so there are no alternatives from different manufacturers.
- However, the Kool Kit VCB312 is available as separate items:
VCB315 Patient Cooling Maxi-Therm lite head wrap.
VCB320 Patient Cooling Maxi-Therm lite patient vest.
VCB313 Patient Cooling Maxi-Therm lite paediatric Blanket, this has same size connectors but are NOT self-sealing and do not have insulated tubes to the Blanketrol Machine as on Kool Kit VCB312.
- An ICN with further details will be issued as soon as possible.
Delisting – All Convatec (Unomedical) Products
Date: 21 December 2022
- NHS Supply Chain is aware that Unomedical are leaving the Convatec market.
- Product codes will be available while stocks last (AWSL).
- Once stock has been depleted, all affected product codes will be discontinued and no longer available to order via NHS Supply Chain.
- We are currently working through the list of affected products to map alternatives (where available), for each discontinued product code. This will allow for continuity of service to trusts.
- An ICN with further details will be issued as soon as possible in January 2023 to reflect all products being delisted and their alternatives.
Supply Issues General Wound Care
Unisurge International Limited
Date: 27 October 2022
- NHS Supply Chain is aware of intermittent supply issues with Unisurge International Limited.
- The supply issue affects all Unisurge products that are being utilised as alternatives on the General Wound Care framework.
- Due to demand moving over to some of these products, they are now subject to intermittent supply issues.
- Individual ICNs will be issued for significant supply issues relating to these products.
Moved to ICN
‘Early Informs’ in this section have now progressed to an ICN and can now be found in our ICNs section. Customers are advised to regularly visit our ICN pages https://www.supplychain.nhs.uk/product-information/customer-notices/
Supply Issues Respiratory Related Products – Multiple Suppliers
Date: 11 January 2023
- NHS Supply Chain has recognised a significant increase in demand for respiratory related products, due to the current increase in respiratory illnesses.
Supply Issues Energy Devices (Laparoscopic) Johnson & Johnson
Date: 9 January 2023
- The supplier Johnson & Johnson Limited has informed us of a supply issue with its Lot 2: Energy Devices product FGE9514 – Laparoscopic Energy Device HARMONIC 1100 SHEARS 36CM.
Supply Issues Electrodes Ultrasound Gels Defibrillation and Related Consumables
Rocket Medical and Fannin (Stroud)
Date: 22 December 2022
- NHS Supply Chain is aware of a problem with CE Certification / MDR leading to supply issues with four products.
Supply Issues Infant Feeding and Associated Accessories
Medela UK Ltd
Date: 25 October 2022
- NHS Supply Chain is aware of a backlog of orders and shipping delays following the implementation of a new ordering system by Medela UK Ltd.
- There are 18 product codes affected.
Supply Issues Drapes
Medline and 3M
Date: 25 January 2022
- NHS Supply Chain is aware of an issue with drapes supplied by Medline and 3M.
These ‘Early Informs’ are resolved and therefore do not require the publication of an ICN. They previously appeared in our ‘In Progress’ section.
Supply Issues Procedure Packs
Date: 27 September 2022
- NHS Supply Chain is aware of a sterilisation issue causing delays to supply for some customers.
- This is due to a breakdown in the sterilisation plant used by Kimal PLC on 17 September 2022.
- Customers whose orders have been affected should already have been informed.
- Product codes affected and resolution date to be confirmed.
Delisting Respiratory Products
Date: 9 August 2022
- NHS Supply Chain is aware of a number of products that have been delisted following the renewal of the Respiratory framework that launched last week on 1 August 2022.
- Affected products:
Number of product codes impacted is currently being reviewed.
- This is due to the products not being included in the tender submission in error or the Unit of Issue (UOI) being incorrect.
- NHS Supply Chain are working to ensure continuity of supply with Intersurgical to re-add impacted products onto the catalogue. A product listing with new codes will be released shortly.
- An ICN will be issued as soon as possible.