Compare and Save has saved trusts £35.2 million* since April 2013.
Compare and Save enables you to compare the products that you buy with lower cost comparable products, giving you the opportunity to make savings.
We aim to help you achieve the balance between achieving cost savings and ensuring patient safety.
We can provide you with detailed data about your buying history through NHS Supply Chain to help you maximise potential savings. The information is provided in an easy to read summary sheet and will help you to:
- Review the products that you buy and how much you spend.
- Identify where you can make cost savings without compromising on quality.
- Calculate how much you could potentially save.
Our Clinical Nurse Advisors can offer tailored support to:
- Facilitate meetings
- Arrange for samples for your product evaluations
- Help you to implement your product switch.
See our Downloads ▼ section for our guide to how Compare and Save works.
|Framework agreement||Potential savings|
|Wound Closure Strips||42%|
|Single Use Theatre Protective Clothing||27%|
See our Downloads ▼ section for the full list of Compare and Save opportunities.
- Contact your Account Manager for further information or to request a summary sheet for your trust.
- Go to the online catalogue to place an order.
- Check further savings available with our Top Proven Switches in the Useful Links 🔗 section
*Compare and Save products have been identified by NHS Supply Chain Suppliers. Potential savings have been calculated based on the Band 1/Best Band ‘Each’ Price of the Primary Product minus the Band 1/Best Band ‘Eaches’ price of the Alternative Product multiplied by the last rolling 12 months actual ‘Eaches’ quantity purchased of the Primary Product. Trusts should check with clinical teams that the alternative product is suitable for its dedicated use in each instance. All savings and prices correct at time of publication.