Compare and Save has saved trusts £35.2 million* since April 2013.
This initiative enables you to compare the products that you buy with lower cost comparable products, providing you opportunities to make savings.
We aim to help you achieve a balance between achieving cost savings and ensuring patient safety.
How can savings be maximised?
We can provide you with detailed data about your buying history through NHS Supply Chain to help you maximise potential savings. The information is provided in an easy to read summary sheet and will help you to:
- Calculate how much you could potentially save.
- Identify where you can make cost savings without compromising on quality.
- Review the products that you buy and how much you spend.
Our Clinical Nurse Advisors can offer tailored support to:
- Arrange for samples for your product evaluations.
- Facilitate meetings.
- Help you to implement your product switch.
What are the next steps?
- Please expand the below list to view all our current opportunities.
- Contact your Customer Relationship Manager for further information or to request a summary sheet for your trust.
- Go to the online catalogue to place an order.
- Check further savings available with our Top Proven Switches in the
- Advanced Wound Care
- Airways Management Products and Associated Equipment
- Baby Food and Feeding Accessories
- Blood Collection Systems and Blood Lancets
- Catering Products Tableware and Light Equipment
- Clinical Waste Containers
- Diathermy Consumables
- Disposable and Washable Continence
- Enteral Feeding, Bile Bags and Associated Products
- External Breast Prostheses and Accessories
- Floorpads and Scourers
- General Wound Care
- Hearing Aid Batteries
- Immobilisation and Associated Products
- Instrument Disinfectants and Detergents and Associated Products
- Obstetric and Gynaecological Sundries and Accessories
- Paper Hygiene Products
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- Pressure Area Care and Patient Handling Including Beds and Associated Products Rental and Decontamination
- Pulse Oximetry and Capnography Devices and Support Products
- Single Use Tourniquets
- Skin Cleansing, Disinfection and Care
- Stationery Computer Consumables and Miscellaneous Office Equipment and Services
- Stoma Care and Accessories
- Suction Consumables
- Surgical Sutures
- Syringes Needles and Associated Products
- Vascular Therapy and Associated Products
- Wound Closure Strips
- Wound Drainage and Post Operative Autologous Blood Systems
*Compare and Save products have been identified by NHS Supply Chain Suppliers. Potential savings have been calculated based on the Band 1/Best Band ‘Each’ Price of the Primary Product minus the Band 1 / Best Band ‘Eaches’ price of the Alternative Product multiplied by the last rolling 12 months actual ‘Eaches’ quantity purchased of the Primary Product. Trusts should check with clinical teams that the alternative product is suitable for its dedicated use in each instance. All savings and prices correct at time of publication.