Lighting Tools Buying Guide
This framework is designed to help your trust if you are:
- Looking for a compliant route to market for all facilities purchasing at bespoke framework pricing.
- Wanting help with more sustainable purchases such as LED lighting options.
- Looking for one off product purchases, or trying to source a specific item.
Product Areas Covered
Torches and Lighting
- Pen lights
- Head torches
- Hand torches
- Emergency and escape route lighting
- Industrial lighting
- Site lighting
- Display lighting
- Industrial lighting
- Site lighting
- Work lights
- Flood lighting
Tools and Accessories
- Winterproofing accessories
- Pathways management
- Hand tools
- Power tools
- Screws, nails and fixings
- Electric vehicle charging
- Stock inventory solutions
How to Order Products Directly from a Supplier
Select the products you want to purchase.
Either contact your chosen supplier directly or contact the NHS Supply Chain Office Solutions Team.
Quote the framework OJEU Reference number: 2020/S 170-412523.
Products are then delivered in accordance with agreed lead times directly to your trust.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the full list of suppliers on this framework in our Supplier Matrix.
Benefits of Using LEDS
There are many benefits to using LED lighting solutions. They offer improved quality, efficiency, and performance. Additionally, providing instant-on and flicker-free light. Alongside this, they offer significant efficiency and energy savings such as:
- Energy savings of up to 93% when compared against the energy usage of standard lamps.
- LEDs are environmentally friendly and do not contain harmful materials. This makes them easier to dispose of and give out no UV or IR emissions.
- They have a cost of life saving over traditional lamps, as they require significantly less replacement. This also saves on maintenance costs.
If you would like more information on how moving to LEDs could save you money, or if you would like to speak with us about having a free lighting audit, please get in touch with your Customer Relationship Manager or contact the Office Solutions Team.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE)
The WEEE regulations require that businesses involved in the supply of electrical equipment take an active role in its collection, recycling, and environmentally sound disposal.
Recycle your end of life electrical items
- Failure to segregate electronic waste material usually results in items being disposed of in a landfill site (buried under the ground), where toxins leach into the soil, contaminating it and putting communities at risk.
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) must be disposed of in accordance with local authority procedures and some suppliers on the framework will accept returns of products when buying like for like replacements.
- Waste batteries including rechargeable batteries can be disposed of free of charge. See our Downloads Section for further information on battery recycling.
- All new electrical products are marked with a crossed out wheeled bin symbol, where you see this symbol on a product please do not put it in your general waste.
Benefits of Ordering Through Us
An extensive choice of lighting solutions tools and accessories including the latest innovations. We also have additional framework agreements covering:
- Stationery Computer Consumables and Miscellaneous Office Equipment and Services
- Printable Patient Identification Wristbands, Thermal Printers and Associated Accessories.
- Office and Outdoor Furniture.
See our Useful Links to view all of the frameworks on our Office Solutions category page.
- You can save time and money by avoiding individual trust tendering costs when using our framework, as we complete the tender process for you.
- The financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our offering is an integrated one that reduces costs throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global sourcing. This enables us to offer discounts for NHS and public sector customers and access volume-based pricing for large projects.
- In some cases, we can arrange preferential pricing on bulk purchase orders with a supplier. Please contact our Office Solutions team with your requirements and we can work with suppliers to see what savings can be made available.
- Your trust can either order through your NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) or you can contact the supplier directly quoting the framework reference number: 2020/S 170-412523, to access NHS Supply Chain prices.
- This framework provides access to suppliers who are able to provide specialist support and advice on any projects being undertaken, as well as helping create specially designed tool kits for any purpose. Supplier guidance also ensures the correct products are sourced first time saving your trust time and money.
- We offer support and advice on financial solutions, see our Downloads Section to read the Finance Solutions Brochure which details options available.
- If you are trying to source a product not on our catalogue, please contact:
- When procuring via NHS Supply Chain you will be compliant with UK Public Procurement regulations.
- We are also able to ensure our suppliers are of a suitable standard for supply to the NHS through validation including Clinical and Product Assurance (CaPA) checks.
- Our framework agreement incorporates all the latest required standards and procedures to ensure all products supplied under this contract adhere to the latest standards as well as specific national legislation and NHS-specific procedures and policies. We incorporate:
- British Standards (BS)
- European Standards (EN)
- International Standards (ISO).
- Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA), who are the leading furniture research and testing agency in the UK.