What is eDC Gold?
eDC Gold is your free inventory management solution, embedded within eDC (which is used within 90% of NHS trusts), and is owned by the NHS.
It is improving patient safety in over 25 trusts, is closely aligned to the Department of Health (DH) Scan4Safety initiative and is ready and working towards GS1 certification. In 2017 we delivered over £1m of savings to the NHS.
Benenden Hospital Trust has reduced stock levels with eDC Gold.
In the first three months from go-live, eDC Gold has allowed us to reduce stock of standard lenses in our Eye unit by 47%.Gavin Stace, Procurement Operations and Inventory Lead
Benenden Hospital Trust
Airedale NHS Foundation Trust has reduced stock levels by £163,000.
The data we are able to obtain from the eDC Gold system is already helping us identify non-moving products lines to reduce stock levels or potentially remove product lines all together.Shaida Latif-Ali, Logistics Manager, Supplies
Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
This interactive map will be updated on a quarterly basis and is also available from our Downloads ▼ section.
eDC Gold is GS1 ready and can be used in a range of different product categories including but not limited to:
- Breast prosthesis
- Cardio – heart valves, Endogenous Pacemakers (EP) Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICDs)
- Intraocular lenses (IOLs)
- Mesh products
- Pathology consumables
- Robotics consumables
- Theatre consumables
eDC Gold can provide trusts with inventory visibility without the license fees or upfront implementation costs typically associated with healthcare inventory systems.
- Product visibility regardless of supply route.
- It helps to reduce surplus and expired stock for high value products.
- It’s aligned to Scan4Safety through product traceability, supporting safety recalls and patient costing data.
- eDC Gold is GS1 ready supporting the DH eProcurement Strategy and Lord Carter Interim Report.
- Every trust gets a dedicated implementation project lead for five months, who provides a wealth of NHS experience in change management to help ensure sustainable results.
- Re-ordering based on clinical need.
- Development of eDC Gold beyond 2018 is sponsored by the DH.
We offer full training and support to implement eDC Gold in your trust, and we have a dedicated help desk to answer any queries or technical issues.
To find out more about eDC Gold, please contact:
For technical support, please contact: