Angiography and Hybrid Theatre Equipment and Related Services
This framework starts on 6 December 2021, runs for 36 months and ends on 5 December 2024. There is an option to extend for an additional 12 months.
Angiography is an X-Ray medical imaging technique used to create images of the blood vessels and organs of a patient and often used for vascular, neurovascular or cardiac conditions. It is used by radiology and cardiology departments.
The framework provides a compliant route to market for outright capital purchases of Angiography and Hybrid Theatre equipment, as well as the provision of alternative financial options for trusts. These include:
- Managed service options for maintenance and consumables for angiography and hybrid equipment
- Clinical outsourcing where trusts do not have sufficient in-house capacity for the number of patients
- Mobile cardiac catheterisation laboratories where trusts require temporary facilities to manage capacity. Options include qualified staff and equipment, reporting services and non-staffed variations. The service will enable the capture of diagnostic images within a mobile unit (this may include, the supply of vehicular, modular, demountable or re-locatable).
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Matrix covering the products and services offered on this framework.
Managed Services (MS) are a flexible and specialised partnership with a private sector service provider, to provide trusts access to innovative medical technology and equipment. The partnership typically covers a period of 5-15 years (sometimes longer), for a fixed annual fee. Most MS providers will manage all of the trust’s equipment concerns such as:
- Ownership (title retention)
- Provision (initial and ongoing equipment/upgrades)
- Capital purchase
- Installation and commissioning
- User training, (initial and ongoing)
- Asset management
- Maintenance and ongoing replacement (planned preventative and corrective).
Pricing information and savings opportunities
On average, the awarded suppliers are offered a framework price that is circa 25% below their standard list price. This however, is entirely dependent on the exact spend and machine configuration you require.
Some suppliers are offering discount options for purchases of more than one piece of equipment. This applies both when two or more pieces of equipment are bought at the same time, and on equipment purchases made in the subsequent 12 months. Customers purchasing through the framework may choose to work in partnership in order to access these discounts.
How to order
In order to purchase compliantly through the framework, our Procurement Delivery Team will need to have validated the quotation from your chosen supplier against our framework pricing and issued you with a Unique Reference Number (URN).
Customers can either obtain a quote themselves or we can obtain a quote on your behalf.
If you obtain a quote yourself from your chosen supplier, please send it to our dedicated Angiography mailbox so the Procurement Delivery team can validate the framework pricing and issue a URN.
Should you prefer for us to obtain a quote on your behalf, or obtain pricing from multiple suppliers, please request a Statement of Requirements (SOR) by contacting our Angiography team. You will then be sent the relevant paperwork to complete, so that we can inform the supply base of your requirement. Suppliers will be asked to provide bespoke quotations based on your SOR. We will validate the quotations against the framework pricing and forward them onto you. Once you have made a decision regarding which supplier to award, the Procurement Delivery team will issue a URN for the relevant equipment.
We are also able to undertake Further Competitions for your trust.
See our Useful Links section to view our Further Competition and Managed Services Guide.
You can find out more about the different ways you can purchase through the framework and how we can support with your requirements in our Angiography and Hybrid Theatre Buying Guide.
See our Useful Links section to view the guide.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework and the areas they can supply:
|Lot Number||Lot 1||Lot 2|
|Supplier / Lot Name||Angiography Equipment||Angiography Managed Service||Mobile Cardiac Catheterisation Unit||Outsourcing of Angiography and Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory Services|
|Althea UK & Ireland Ltd||x|
|Canon Medical Systems||x|
|CHG-MERIDIAN UK Ltd||x|
|GE Medical Systems Ltd||x||x|
|Philips Electronics UK Ltd||x||x||x||x|
|Siemens Healthcare Ltd||x||x||x|
- Angiography Managed Services
- Bi-Plane, Flat Panel Detector Neuro-Angiography System
- Cardiac Catheterisation Physiological Monitoring System
- Design, Installation and Commissioning of a Hybrid Operating Theatre
- Mobile Cardiac Catheterisation Units
- Outsourcing of Angiography & Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory Services
- Single Plane, Flat Panel Detector Vascular Angiography Imaging System (Floor or Ceiling System)
- Single Plane, Flat Panel Detector Cardiac Angiography Imaging System (Floor or Ceiling System).
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.