Blood Culture Collection Systems
The new framework starts on 29 August 2023, will run for 18 months, and ends on 7 March 2025.
This standalone framework has been used to enable an innovative product, from a sole supplier to come to market quicker. It will then be built into the specification for the next Blood Collection Systems and Blood Lancets Framework Renewal.
About the product
Kurin Lock® is a Blood Collection Device that consists of a Blood Collection tube and needle, a flash chamber that collects, isolates, and shows the first 0.15 ml of blood (flash) and a blood collection tube that collects the remaining sample to be sent for culturing and analysis.
The integrated Kurin Lock® enables clinicians to side-line the initial flash of blood, which may contain skin microbes, with no change in collection practice.
Kurin Lock® reduces the number of false positive blood culture test results, which in turn:
- Directly improves efficiencies within clinical and laboratory teams, saving time and money retesting
- Reduces administration of unnecessary antibiotics
- Decreases number of bed days
- Leads to an improved patient experience.
Studies show that best practice compliance combined with Flash Technology to side-line the initial flash of blood can reduce contaminated cultures by more than 80%, improving the clinical value of blood culture testing for safer, more effective, and lower cost treatment of patients.*
*Statistics sourced from https://www.kurin.com/
Sustainable opportunities/solutions/products on this framework
The Kurin Lock® device is designed using the smallest possible material footprint to minimise waste, with no hazardous materials and no special handling or waste considerations required. The device can be disposed of in the same manner as most hospital/medical supplies/sharps.
See our Useful Links section to read more about this innovative product.
Before purchasing these products, customers should consult our Category Manager for Blood Collection to ensure a comprehensive Blood Culture Procedural training and product support can be arranged.
Buyer - IV Devices (Blood Collection and Lancets)
07816 363 469
There is one supplier in total on this framework:
- Iskus Health UK.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.