This framework starts on 26 July 2021, runs for 36 months and ends on 25 July 2024. There is an option to extend for an additional 12 months.
Diathermy Consumables are used for medical procedures involving electrosurgery. Electrosurgery is the application of a high-frequency electric current to make precise cuts with limited blood loss.
Electrosurgery is commonly used in dermatological, gynaecological, cardiac, plastic, ocular, spinal, ENT, maxillofacial, orthopaedic, urological, neurological and general surgical procedures as well as certain dental procedures.
There are 6 lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1 Diathermy Plates and Associated Accessories
- Lot 2 Diathermy Pencils, Electrode Attachments and Associated Products
- Lot 3 Smoke Evacuation Diathermy Pencils including Filter Tips
- Lot 4 Argon Diathermy Pencils including Probes and Adaptors
- Lot 5 Diathermy Suction Coagulators
- Lot 6 Diathermy Forceps.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Listing.
There are 32 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- 1 supplier is new to NHS Supply Chain
- 18 suppliers are new to the framework
- 14 suppliers are incumbent
- 8 suppliers have been delisted.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the available supplier products.
14 incumbent suppliers:
- 3M United Kingdom Public Limited Company
- Conmed Uk Ltd
- Erbe Medical UK Limited
- Fannin (UK) Limited
- Henleys Medical Supplies Limited
- Judd Medical Ltd
- Meditech Systems Ltd
- Medline Industries Limited
- Medtronic Limited
- RB Medical Engineering Ltd
- Starkstrom Limited
- Stryker UK Ltd
- Surgica Ltd
- Timesco Healthcare Limited
18 new to the framework:
- ALXR Limited
- Arcadia 14 Medical Supplies Ltd
- Avicenna Surgical Limited
- Eakin Surgical Limited (SUSL / PELICAN)
- Elemental Healthcare Ltd
- Empire Medical UK Ltd – Not available at Go Live
- Eurosurgical Limited
- Fairmont Medical Products Limited
- GS Medical Healthcare Ltd
- Hospital Services Limited
- Ivor Shaw Limited (Penine Healthcare)
- J & M Medical
- Johnson and Johnson Medical Limited
- Keymed (Medical & Industrial Equipment) Limited
- SRA Developments Limited
- Surgical Holdings
- Uniplex (U.K.) Limited
- Unisurge International Limited
1 new to NHS Supply Chain:
- ALXR Limited
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.