Examination Gloves and Surgical Gloves
The new framework for Examination Gloves and Surgical Gloves starts on 30 March 2020, runs for 31 months and ends on 23 October 2022. This includes a 6 month extension.
There are two lots on this framework:
- Lot 1 – Examination Gloves (including latex gloves, nitrile gloves, and vinyl gloves)
- Lot 2 – Surgeons Gloves.
Examination Gloves are manufactured from materials including nitrile, vinyl or latex. They are available in multi-unit packaging for easy access in clinical areas and worn during patient contact where there is a risk of exposure to body fluid. This includes gloves worn to comply with standard and transmission infection control precautions policy and examination gloves that are worn during procedures where there may be contact with a substance that has a COSHH implication e.g. preparation of medication, use of cleaning products.
Vinyl and Nitrile examination gloves are made from synthetic materials and are latex free.
Latex gloves are made from natural rubber and have superior resistance to tear and puncture, and are also more waterproof.
Vinyl, Latex and 6n Nitrile Examination Gloves are available on NCP.
See our Useful Links section for further details about the NCP products.
Sterile Surgical Gloves are worn to prevent contamination of the patient during invasive procedures and to protect the hand from exposure to potentially infectious materials. The gloves are either latex or non-latex. Surgical gloves have more precise sizing with improved precision and sensitivity and are made to a higher standard. Double gloving is the practice of wearing two layers of medical gloves to reduce the danger of infection from glove failure or penetration of the gloves by sharp objects during clinical procedure, they are made from both latex and synthetic materials.
There are 19 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Four suppliers are new to the framework
- 15 suppliers are incumbent
- Two suppliers are being delisted: Valley Northern Limited and Matz Medical Limited.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Ansell Healthcare Europe
- Cardinal Health UK 432 Limited
- Davis Schottlander and Davis Ltd
- Fannin Limited
- Globus (shetland ltd)
- HPC HealthlineUK Ltd
- Leanvation Worldwide Ltd
- Medicare Products
- Medline Industries Ltd
- Mölnlycke Health Care Ltd
- O&M Halyard
- Robinson Healthcare Limited
- Semperit Investments Asia Pte Ltd
- Supermax Healthcare Limited
New suppliers to the framework
- Abena UK Limited
- Bunzl Retail & Healthcare Supplies Ltd
- Euro Packaging Ltd
- Henry Schien.
- 224 new products have been added to this framework (from new and incumbent suppliers)
- 1,010 products are on this framework in total.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.