Harm Reduction Products
This framework starts on 18 December 2018, runs for 48 months and ends on 17 December 2022. This includes a 24 months extension.
This new framework was previously called Needle Exchange Harm Reduction Products.
- 98 new products have been added.
- There is a total of 148 products on the framework.
- There are no route changes to any of the products on this framework.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Listings.
61 products will be delisted of which:
- 16 NPCs have no alternatives
- 45 NPCs have either direct or indirect alternatives.
Please note more delisted products could be added, but this information should never be less.
See our Downloads ▼ section for details of the products removed from our catalogue.
There are three suppliers in total on this framework, all are incumbent suppliers – Exchange Supplies Ltd, Frontier Medical and Orion Medical Products Limited.
Two suppliers have been delisted – Daniels Healthcare and Plastech Group Ltd.
The new framework includes the following products:
- Alcohol Free Wipes
- Alcohol Pre-Injection Swabs
- Capping Device
- Citric Acid Sachets
- Customer Specific Packs
- Fixed Needle Syringe
- Fixed Syringes
- Foil Sheets and Roll
- Glass Ampules
- Hypodermic Needle (Low Dead Space)
- Insulin all in one Needle and Syringe
- Luer Lock Syringes (Low Dead Space)
- Luer Slip Syringes (Low Dead Space)
- Preparation Spoon with Filter
- Preparation Spoon without Filter
- Sharps Container Needle Exchange
- Vitamin C Sachets.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.