Interventional Cardiology, Interventional Radiology and Interventional Neuroradiology, Cardiac Rhythm Management and Electrophysiology
The new framework starts on 27 February 2023, will run for 24 months and ends on 26 February 2025. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
There are five Lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1 – Interventional Cardiology and Interventional Radiology
- Lot 2 – Interventional Neuroradiology
- Lot 3 – Cardiac Rhythm Management
- Lot 4 – Electrophysiology
- Lot 5 – Occluder Vascular Appendage, Septal and Associated Devices.
For further details of the products within each Lot, clinical engagement and step by step guide to assessing the framework please access the Customer Engagement Guide (coming soon – this will be available prior to Go Live).
Key highlights of this framework include:
A complete framework introduction of National Pricing Matrices (NPMs) to drive transparency in pricing across all subcategories and support the removal of unwarranted price variation.
A broader range of suppliers and products. 13 new suppliers awarded to the framework, and new and innovative product inclusion.
A more efficient way to offer customers relevant pricing via the NHS Supply Chain route by moving away from re-opening of competition and instead mapping customer requirements to the relevant available NPM’s.
Access to a broader range of products available through the NHS England Specialised Services Devices Programme (SSDP) route. See our Useful Links section.
There are 70 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 50 suppliers are incumbent
- 20 suppliers are new to the framework.
Please see our Downloads section to refer to the Product Matrix for a full breakdown of supplier by lot.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.