This framework starts on 2 April 2021, runs for 48 months and ends on 1 April 2025. This includes a 24 month extension.
This framework is for the supply of Medical Hollowware products, both disposable and reusable used across all departments within the NHS such as Central Sterilization Services Departments, General Wards and Care for the Elderly.
There are three Lots on this framework:
- Lot 1: Disposable Patient Hollowware – bowls, pots, pot lids, kidney dishes, jugs, gallipots, medicine spoons, denture containers and lids, sputum containers and lids, medicine pots.
- Lot 2: Reusable Trays & Accessories – instrument trays, instrument tray lids, traceability tags, silicone inserts, instrument containers, jugs.
- Lot 3: Reusable Patient Hollowware – bowls, pots, pot lids, kidney dishes, jugs, gallipots, medicine spoons, denture containers and lids, sputum containers and lids, medicine pots.
The supply routes are Stocked, Blue Diamond, eDirect, and Direct Rental.
There are three suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Genmed Enterprises is new to the framework
- Unisurge and Warwick Sasco are incumbent to the framework.
There are 69 product codes in this framework with 19 product codes being added in the framework renewal.
See our Downloads ▼ section for details of the products available on this framework.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.