The Procedure Packs framework starts on 2 March 2020, runs for 48 months and ends on 1 March 2024. This includes a 24 month extension.
Procedure Packs are used throughout the NHS in both clinical and non-clinical environments for any procedure carried out within the trust. This framework includes most types of Procedure Pack including bespoke packs, stock packs and national specification packs.
A Procedure Pack is normally defined as a collection of components used to complete a specific task. These packs generate both cost savings to the end user and efficiency benefits in comparison to picking components off the shelf.
The new framework includes Procedure Packs in the following product areas:
- Cardiology (interventional radiology) packs
- Community packs
- Instrument packs
- Line insertion packs
- Regional anaesthesia packs
- Theatre packs
- Ward based packs.
The only exclusions are Phaco (Ophthalmic Packs) which sit in the Ophthalmology framework and Cannula packs (inclusive of the cannula) which sit in the Intravenous Cannula and Associated Products framework.
Additionally, there are plans to introduce three new NCPs in Quarter 4 2020 in the following areas: Wound Care Packs, Cannulation Packs and Catheterisation Packs.
See our Useful Links section for more information.
For further information please contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.
There are 24 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Six suppliers are new to the framework
- 18 suppliers are incumbent
- 10 suppliers are being delisted: 3M Healthcare, Disposable Medical Instruments, Lyall Willis & Co. Ltd (Dissolved), MATZ Medical Ltd, Merit Medical UK Ltd, Pennine Healthcare, Shermond (Available via Bunzl), Spectrum, Synergy Health (UK) Limited, and Teleflex Medical.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Accrington Surgical Instrument Suppliers Ltd
- B Braun Medical Limited
- Bunzl Retail & Healthcare Supplies Ltd (previously 365 Healthcare and Shermond)
- Clonallon Laboratories Ltd
- Farla Medical Ltd
- Full Support Healthcare Ltd
- IMS Euro Ltd
- Iskus Health UK Limited
- Kimal Plc
- Medline Industries Ltd
- Mölnlycke Health Care Ltd
- Richardson Healthcare Ltd
- Robinson Healthcare Limited
- Smiths Medical International Ltd
- Unisurge International Ltd
- Vernacare Limited
- Vygon (UK) Limited.
New suppliers to the framework
- Blink Medical Limited
- Genmed Enterprises Ltd
- Medicareplus International Limited
- PAJUNK UK Medical Products Limited
- Pelican Feminine Healthcare Ltd trading as Single Use Surgical
- Pharmed UK Limited (formerly Neurotechnics Ltd).
- 189 new NPCs have been added (from new and existing suppliers).
- The framework covers all variations of procedure pack requirements under the 8 lots.
A more productive operating theatre with Custom Procedure Packs:
- Reduced time to get product for procedure as all components are contained in one pack.
- Time savings accrued can lead to additional procedures being performed.
- Reduced inaccuracies of product as all components are contained in one pack.
- Helps infection control – all the necessary components are supplied to specification in a pre-sterile pack.
The packs can help with the NHS Lean agenda:
- By ordering a single pack, fewer purchase orders are generated, processed and received.
- Reduced labour cost and errors due to fewer items handled.
- Reduced packaging resulting in cost savings and increased sustainability.
- Waste reduction as one pack per procedure.
The packs can also save you time and money:
- Generate fewer purchase orders and invoices, resulting in time saved by staff that can be used for other activities.
- Assists in the costing of procedures.
- Potential reduction in theatre time, as the risk of procedure overrun and overtime are reduced through shortened theatre set up time.
- Packs range from supplier generic to fully customised.
- Our Framework is fully compliant with EU public procurement regulations therefore no need for you to contract.
- We will manage all aspects of the process for you to ensure a smooth and headache free transition.
For further information please contact your NHS Supply Chain Account Manager.