Operating (Theatre and Outpatient) Microscopes and Associated Accessories
This new framework starts on 5 December 2022, will run for 36 months and ends on 4 December 2025. There is an option to extend for an additional 12 months.
Operating Microscopes are found in all operating theatres, and also can be used in an outpatient environment for small procedures and diagnosis. This framework includes Operating Microscopes and Colposcopes for most types of procedures including ENT, Neurological, Ophthalmic, Plastics, Maxillofacial, Dental and Colposcopy.
The Operating Microscopes and Associated Accessories framework has seven product categories:
- Lot 1 – Theatre Microscopes are microscopes that are located within an operating theatre. They are utilised by surgeons/consultants and can also be used for teaching. The Microscopes in lot 1 cover the following disciplines: ENT, Neurological, Ophthalmic, Plastics and Maxillofacial. An additional modality of Digital Microscopes has been added to lot 1 – Theatre Microscopes.
- Lot 2 – Outpatient Microscopes are microscopes that are located within an outpatient environment. These are utilised by consultants and nurses. The Microscopes in lot 2 cover the following disciplines: ENT, Dental and Colposcopy.
We have a dedicated team on hand to support you throughout the procurement process. Services include:
- Arranging site visits
- Conducting supplier presentations
- Facilitating equipment evaluations
- Consultation services.
Ordering and Further Information
You will need to obtain a quotation through NHS Supply Chain to benefit from National Framework Agreement Pricing.
To place an order, first contact our Microscopes Team who will give you a unique reference number to detail on your purchase order which covers the required equipment.
There are 10 suppliers on this framework, of which:
- 8 suppliers are incumbent
- 2 suppliers are new to the framework
- 3 suppliers have not bid to join the framework.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Albert Waeschle
- Carl Zeiss Ltd
- DP Medical Systems Ltd
- Leica Microsystems (UK) Ltd
- LiteOptics Ltd
- Prescott’s Surgical Ltd
- RB Medical Engineering Ltd
- Sword Medical.
New suppliers to the framework:
- B Braun Medical
- Digital Microscopes
- ENT Operating
- Neurological Operating
- Ophthalmic Operating
- Plastics and Maxillofacial Operating.
- ENT Outpatient.
We value the NHS. Our scale, experience and passion support you in the planning, purchase and management of medical equipment. Saving you time and money to concentrate on patient care.
- The only route into the DH Capital Equipment Fund, saving the NHS millions of pounds each year
- Active supplier management from our team deliver savings opportunities direct to you
- Standard national documentation saves you time and protects your procurement.
- Team of CIPS qualified procurement experts, dedicated to each product category to provide market insights and one to one support
- Finance, Clinical, Legal and extensive NHS Procurement experience to support you through the whole process
- Thousands of successful procurements and commitment deals seamlessly delivered.
- Free of charge support throughout the process from business case to installation of equipment and beyond
- Free of charge Capital planning service to provide a better future for your equipment base
- Our agreements are an easy route to market that will save you valuable time and provide certainty.