Orthotic Services and Associated Consumables
The new framework for Orthotic Services and Associated Consumables starts on 3 August 2020, runs for 48 months and ends on 2 August 2024. This includes a 24 month extension.
An amalgamation of two existing frameworks, Orthotics Services and Consumables, and Orthoses, Podiatry and Associated Products, this framework covers products that can be used in acute trust wards and in the community.
Orthotic and Podiatry products are used to support, immobilise, or manipulate an area of a patient through use of braces and supports such as wrist supports, walker boots, cervical collars, insoles or knee immobilisers.
Products are commonly used in A&E and hospital wards, but particularly in rehabilitation, for example Physiotherapy, Orthotics, Podiatry, Orthopaedic, and Paediatric departments.
There are 3 lots on this framework:
- Lot 1: Orthotic and Podiatry Products (ready made, bespoke, and modular so it can be built to the patients requirements)
- Lot 2: Orthotic Clinic Services (only)
- Lot 3: Managed Service (service and majority of product provision via a single supplier).
Bespoke products available on this framework include:
- Footwear adaptations
- Footwear repairs
- Lower limb orthoses – made to measure and repairs
- Orthoses for head and neck – made to measure and repairs
- Podiatry products
- Spinal orthoses – made to measure and repairs
- Spinal orthoses (abdominal fabric supports) – made to measure and repairs
- Upper limb orthoses and special orthoses – made to measure and repairs.
Arm slings have moved across to the Immobilisation and Associated Products framework.
Additional products are available on our Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy framework.
See our Useful Links section for further details.
90,000 products will be available on this framework with the majority via the direct route, and with key off the shelf products available via eDirect, Blue Diamond or Stocked.
Please note: Trusts purchasing products direct from the suppliers (i.e. not from the NHS Supply Chain online catalogue) will need to complete a Framework Access Agreement. Please contact your Customer Relationship Manager who can provide access to these.
See our Downloads ▼ section for contact information for direct suppliers on this Framework Agreement and a copy of our new Buying Guide.
Important notice – for stocked products only.
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all product at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
The framework provides a National Pricing Matrix (NPM) from a number of suppliers, which will allow savings opportunities for customers who are able to consolidate their purchasing.
See our Downloads ▼ section for details of the NPM. If you are interested in making savings via the NPM, please speak to your Customer Relationship Manager.
See our Useful Links section for information on ICC Cervical Collars and Hand Mitts.
There are 54 suppliers in total on this framework.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the Product Matrix by lot showing all the awarded suppliers.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.