Pathology and Point of Care Testing, Associated Equipment, Instruments, Consumables and Accessories and Managed Services
This framework starts on 29 June 2020, runs for 44 months and ends on 12 March 2024. This includes a 24 month extension.
There are two Lots on the new framework covering the following categories:
Lot 1 – Pathology and Point of Care Testing, Associated Equipment, Instruments, Consumables, Accessories (Capital, Reagent, Reagent Rental and Primary Suppliers Managed Services):
- Category 1 – Blood Sciences
- Category 2 – Genomics and Molecular Diagnostics
- Category 3 – Cellular and Digital Pathology
- Category 4 – Point of Care Testing
- Category 5 – Laboratory Equipment and Temperature Monitoring
- Category 6 – Laboratory Instruments and Consumables.
Lot 2 – Managed Services (Primary Contractor Managed Services)
Please note this framework is being launched in two phases. The Direct element of the frameworks starts on 29 June 2020 and the transacted part on 14 December 2020.
See our Downloads ▼ section to view details of the products available to purchase via our Online Catalogue.
We have produced a Buying Guide to assist you in the purchasing process for this framework. It outlines the various routes and options available and details the support we can provide. See our Downloads ▼ section to view the guide.
There are 141 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- 45 suppliers are new to the framework
- 96 suppliers are incumbent.
For details of the suppliers on this framework whose products are available to order on our online catalogue please view the product listing.
For details of the suppliers whose offering is by direct supply please contact our Pathology Team.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.