Pressure Area Care and Patient Handling
The new framework starts on 20 September 2021, runs for 24 months and ends on 19 September 2023. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
A full range of patient moving and handling equipment, including beds, mattresses, slide sheets for moving patients, hoists, and slings, is available on this framework. There are over 890 products on the new framework including 469 new products from new and incumbent suppliers.
Beds, mattresses, and cushions are an essential part of patient care in a hospital ward and community setting providing pressure care management.
Patient handling equipment such as slings, hoists, and slide sheets are used by nurses and healthcare assistants to safely move or lift patients in wards and in theatres.
Trolley mattresses and gantry hoists have been added to this framework.
There are 12 Lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Beds, Cots and Accessories
- Lot 2: Beds for use in specialist areas
- Lot 3: Mattresses and Accessories
- Lot 4: Cushions and Accessories
- Lot 5: Prevention and Support Aids
- Lot 6: Hoists and Accessories
- Lot 7: Standing Aids and Accessories
- Lot 8: Transfer Equipment
- Lot 9: Slings and Accessories
- Lot 10: Slide Sheets
- Lot 11: Bathing Equipment and Accessories
- Lot 12: Rental and Decontamination.
The framework provides a National Pricing Matrix (NPM) from a number of suppliers, which will allow savings opportunities for customers who are able to consolidate their purchasing.
If you are interested in making savings via the NPM, please speak to your NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.
Important notice – for stocked products only.
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract/framework prices will only come into effect when the stock of all product at the old contract/framework price has been depleted.
There are 63 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 40 suppliers are incumbent
- 23 suppliers are new to the framework
- 24 suppliers have been delisted.
Some suppliers will not be available at Go Live – these are detailed below. This page will be updated with an anticipated resolution/availability date as soon as possible. See our Downloads section for the available supplier products.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Apex Medical Limited
- Arjo UK Ltd
- Benmor Medical (UK) Limited
- Cantel (UK) Limited
- Caretech UK Limited
- Central Medical Supplies Limited
- CJ Medical Ltd
- Direct Healthcare Services Limited
- Drive DeVilbiss Sidhil Ltd
- Essential Healthcare Solutions (UK) Ltd
- Frontier Therapeutics Limited
- GBUK Ltd
- Harvest Healthcare Ltd.
- Herida Healthcare Ltd.
- Hill-Rom Limited
- Hospital Direct (Marketing) Ltd
- Innova Care Concepts
- Interweave Textiles Limited
- IQ Medical Ltd
- Iskus Health UK Limited
- Joerns Healthcare Limited
- Linet UK LTD
- Lisclare Limited
- Mangar International
- Medstrom Ltd
- MIP UK LTD
- Performance Health International Limited
- Premiere Healthcare Limited
- Prism Medical
- Prosys International Ltd
- Reval Continuing Care Limited
- Select Medical LTD
- Stryker UK Limited
- Sumed International (UK) Ltd
- Talley Group
- TR Equipment UK Ltd
- Ultimate Healthcare Ltd (MILLBROOK HEALTHCARE LTD)
- V Guldmann A/S
- V-M Orthotics Limited.
New suppliers to the framework
- A.Algeo Ltd
- AHT Apollo Healthcare Technologies Ltd.
- Cardinal Health UK 432 Limited
- Carilex Medical
- E&E Medical Supplies Ltd.
- Felgains Ltd
- FormAL Group Ltd
- Gainsborough Healthcare Group – Not available at Go Live
- H&R Healthcare Ltd
- Howard Wright Europe Limited
- Invacare Ltd
- Medline Industries Ltd
- Molnlycke Health Care Ltd
- Multicare Medical ltd
- OSKA Care Limited
- Promedics Orthopaedics Ltd
- Renray Healthcare Ltd
- Rexyn Ltd – Not available at Go Live
- ETAC Ltd (R82 UK LTD)
- Scan Mobility Limited
- Select Health Care (UK) Ltd
- Talarmade Limited
- The Helping Hand Company (Ledbury) Limited.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.