Pre Operative Skin Preparation
The framework for Pre Operative Skin Preparation starts on 9 March 2020, runs for 24 months and ends on 8 March 2022. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
The products are all used as part of the prepping process prior to surgery, for example shaving the patient, marking the patient, and cleaning the hands of the medical staff.
There are four product areas on this framework:
- Lot 1 – Clippers (now includes clipper heads)
- Lot 2 – Razors
- Lot 3 – Scrub Brushes
- Lot 4 – Skin Markers
For further information please contact your NHS Supply Chain Account Manager.
There are 11 products being delisted and all 11 NPCs have clinically suitable direct alternatives mapped.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the full list of discontinued lines and details of all alternative products.
There are 17 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Two suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- Seven suppliers are new to the framework
- Eight suppliers are incumbent
- One supplier is being delisted: Aspen Medical Europe Ltd.
This is the full list of suppliers awarded on this new framework:
- 3M United Kingdom PLC
- Becton Dickinson UK Limited
- Fannin Limited
- HPC Healthline UK Limited
- Iskus Health UK Limited
- Medline Industries Limited
- PDI Limited
- Viomedex Limited.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain
- GS Medical Healthcare
- Hospital Services Limited.
New suppliers to the framework
- Bunzl Retail & Healthcare Supplies Limited
- Henry Schien UK Holdings Limited
- Medi-Inn UK Limited
- O&M Halyard UK Limited
- P3 Medical Limited
- Surgical Holdings
- Valley Northern Limited.
- 45 new NPCs have been added (from new and existing suppliers).
- There are 76 product lines on the framework.
- There are a greater number of suppliers and products on this new framework offering customers more choice and helping to ensure continuity of supply.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Account Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.