Surgical Implants for Men’s and Women’s Health
The framework starts on 1 April 2021, runs for 48 months and ends on 31 March 2025. This includes a 24 month extension.
Within the NHS, surgical implants for men’s and women’s health are used primarily during re-constructive surgery following trauma or after the removal of cancerous tissue. This framework includes most types of implants for this type of surgery (excluding external breast prostheses and surgical mesh) and a full range of implants is available on this framework from all major implant manufactures currently selling their products in the UK.
There are six lots on this framework:
- Lot 1: Breast – used for Breast reconstruction, primarily following a mastectomy
- Lot 2: Calf and Gluteal – used to aesthetically restore respective part of the anatomy
- Lot 3: Facial Implants – can be used for Malar, Nasal or Chin reconstruction following trauma
- Lot 4: Chest Implants – used for reconstruction of the ribcage (Thoracic) or aesthetical reconstruction for pectoral region
- Lot 5: Testicular- for aesthetic reconstruction of absent testes post trauma or disease
- Lot 6: Penile Implants – used to restore erectile function.
Whole, partial, soft form and leisure breast prostheses are available on the External Breast Prostheses, Bras and Associated Consumables framework.
Surgical Mesh products are available on the Surgical Mesh, Fixation Devices and Bulking Agents framework.
See our Useful Links section for further information on the External Breast Prostheses, Bras and Associated Consumables and Surgical Mesh, Fixation Devices and Bulking Agents frameworks.
Please note: This is a direct framework agreement and you will need to quote your unique reference number when you place an order with your chosen supplier.
There are nine suppliers on this framework.
- Boston Scientific Limited
- Coloplast Limited
- Eurosurgical Limited
- iMEDicare UK Limited
- Johnson & Johnson Medical Limited
- Motiva Implants UK Limited
- Nagor Limited
- Q Medical Technologies Limited
- Sebbin UK Limited.
Please note Allergan have left the EU market.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.