Tray Wrap and Sterilisation Equipment
The framework for Tray Wrap and Sterilisation Equipment starts on 2 October 2023, will run for 24 months and ends on 1 October 2025. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
There are four lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Wrapping Materials
- Lot 2: Bags, Pouches and Reels
- Lot 3: Sterilisation Monitoring
- Lot 4: Tray Liners and Supplementary Products.
Ultra is a new innovation product which offers environmental and operational benefits and has been added to lot 2 of this framework. It is designed for the packing of a large variety of single use and reusable medical devices: instrument trays, sets, surgical packs, heavy and bulky devices, complex instruments, and every device that requires a specific protection. It is currently being piloted in a number of trusts and further information will be provided at a later date.
- Information for Clinical Choice will be available for Go-Live.
- A National Pricing Matrix (NPM) will be available post Go-Live for Wrapping materials, which will allow savings opportunities for customers who are able to consolidate their purchasing.
Please speak to your Customer Relationship Manager if you would like further detail on any of the above.
From April 2022 all our frameworks have adopted the Procurement Policy Notice 06/20. The suppliers on this framework have demonstrated their plans for:
- Fighting climate change.
We are continually working with our suppliers on their sustainability agenda and should there be any developments these will be communicated to all trusts when available.
- Engaged with the Lead Reference Trust throughout the procurement cycle.
- Supplier pre-tender engagement included a desk top audit and full scrutiny of product assurance documentation during tender evaluation.
- The framework has several UK make suppliers (Westfield Medical, Steris Solutions and IPS Converters).
- Medline Industries have recently opened a UK warehouse and will hold high volumes of stock for call-off. This means they can offer better lead-times locally, rather than relying on their European hub.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the full list of delisted lines and details of all alternative products..
There are eight suppliers on this this framework, including three UK make suppliers (Westfield Medical, Steris Solutions and IPS Converters).
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- 3M United Kingdom Ltd
- Health Edge Solutions Ltd
- Medline Industries Ltd
- Owens and Minor Halyard Ltd
- Steris Solutions Ltd
- Vernacare Ltd
- Westfield Medical Ltd
- IPS Converters Ltd.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.