Urinary Catheter Adhesion Inhibition System
The new framework starts on 10 October 2022, will run for 16 months and ends on 20 February 2024. There is an option to extend for an additional 3 months plus 3 months although this will be brought in line for the merge with the Urology and Stoma framework in February 2024.
This new framework is designed to provide new/innovative products and has come through the Healthtech Connect Innovation route with NICE guidance.
There is one lot on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Urinary Catheter Adhesion Inhibition System
UroShield is a disposable ultrasound device designed to reduce the risk of catheter-associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI). It reduces bacterial colonisation and biofilm formation on indwelling urinary catheters.
Ultimately translating into improved outcomes for patients and carers; less antibiotics, reduced catheter changes/washouts and reduced hospital visits, therefore a reduction in nursing time/bed days and ambulance transfers.
There is one supplier in total on this framework:
- Ideal Medical Solutions Ltd.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.