Aids for Daily Living including Walking Aids
The new framework for Aids for Daily Living including Walking Aids starts on 1 November 2019, runs for 48 months and ends on 31 October 2023. This includes a 24 months extension.
There are two lots on this framework.
Lot 1 – Daily Living Aids
- Bathing, Toileting, Home and Kitchen Aids
- Commodes, Shower Chairs
Lot 2 – Walking Aids
- Walking Frames
- Walking sticks
Single Adjustable Crutches and Overbed Tables have been removed from the framework agreement.
Overbed Tables are available on the Medical Furniture framework.
Wheelchairs are available on the Powered and Non-Powered Wheelchairs framework, and Hoists, Slings and Slide Sheets are available on the Pressure Area Care Patient Handling framework. See our Useful Links section for more information.
There are 23 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- One supplier are new to NHS Supply Chain
- Nine suppliers are new to the framework
- 13 suppliers are incumbent
- Two suppliers are being delisted:
Lyall Willis & Co Ltd and Aquajoy Bathlifts Ltd.
|Suppliers||Incumbent||New to Framework||New to NHS Supply Chain|
|BES Decon (a division of BES Rehab Ltd)||X|
|GAMA Healthcare Ltd||X|
|KATNIC Ltd T/A H&M Health & Mobility||X|
|Langham T/A Gordon Ellis & Co||X|
|Linden Leisure Ltd||X|
|Performance Health International||X|
|Prism UK Medical Limited||X|
|R82 UK Ltd||X|
|Roma Medical Aids Ltd||X|
|The Helping Hand Company||X|
|Urathon Europe Ltd||X|
|Warwick SASCo Ltd||X|
- 410 new NPCs have been added to this framework (from new and existing suppliers)
- 717 products are on this framework in total.
Following customer and supplier feedback, products are no longer available on Blue Diamond.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.