Aids for Daily Living
The new framework starts on 1 November 2023, runs for 24 months and ends on 31 October 2025. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
Products on this framework support and promote patient independence with mobility and other aspects of daily function such as showering and toileting.
There are 36 lots on this new framework, which include toileting including commodes, home and kitchen aids, crutches, sticks, frames, and rollators products.
Switching alternatives are available.
Net Zero and Social Value
From April 2022 all of our frameworks have adopted the Procurement Policy Notice 06/20. The suppliers on this framework have demonstrated their plans for:
- Tackling economic inequality
- Fighting climate change
- Equal opportunity
- Modern Slavery
- Effective Stewardship of the Environment.
Sustainable opportunities/solutions/products on this framework
The framework offers a Managed Community Equipment Service, Lot 36, to support trusts to collect, reuse and recycle. It will provide the ability to develop a service to manage product reuse. This can be specific for walking aid reuse or can expand to cover a whole Integrated Community Equipment Service (ICES).
Important notice – for stocked products only.
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all products at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
80 lines will be delisted.
See our Downloads section for the full list of delisted lines and details of all alternative products.
There are 31 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 0 suppliers new to NHS Supply Chain
- 14 suppliers are incumbent
- 17 suppliers are new to the framework
- 2 suppliers have been delisted.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Aidapt Bathrooms Ltd
- Arjo UK Ltd
- Cefndy Healthcare
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare Ltd
- GAMA Healthcare Ltd
- Invacare LTD
- Nottingham Rehab Limited (Trading as NRS Healthcare)
- Performance Health Interntional
- Prism UK Medical Limited
- Roma Medical Aids ltd
- Sunrise Medical Ltd
- The Helping Hand Company
- Trulife Limited
- Vernacare LTD.
New suppliers to the framework
- AJ Mobility Ltd
- Benmor Medical
- Care and Independence Ltd
- Chiltern Invadex (UK) Limited
- Enable Access Ltd
- Essential Healthcare Solutions (UK) Ltd
- Etac Ltd
- Henleys Medical Supplies Limited
- Langham Gordon Ellis
- Lisclare Limited
- Medi-plinth Equipment Ltd
- Medequip Assisstive Technology Ltd
- Omnimedical Ltd
- Rehabilitation Manufacturing Services ltd
- Splice Cast Ltd t/a Eureka Physiocare
- Ultimate Healthcare Ltd
- Valley Northern Ltd.
- Bes Healthcare Ltd
- Mangar International Ltd.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Hospital Care and Out of Hospital Care Teams – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with UK procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.