Wearable Dressing Retention System
The framework starts on 4 December 2023, will run for 21 months, and ends on 31 August 2025. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
This standalone framework has been used to enable an innovative product, from a sole supplier to come to market quicker. It will then be built into the specification for the next Advanced Wound Care framework renewal.
About the product
HidraWear is a wearable wound care system that has been designed to manage complex wounds in the axilla, groin and buttocks area of the body. Using a combination of specially designed garments and super absorbent dressings, there is no need for adhesive as the dressings are secured using HydraHex technology.
Using this technology has the combined benefits of:
- Being easy to apply and adjust whilst enabling movement and reducing the time required to apply the dressing.
- Adhesive free reducing the potential for added skin damage in the surrounding areas.
- Super absorbent dressings stay in place, conforming to the wound giving the patient body confidence and also empowering self care.
- Reduces the impact of Hidradentitis Suppurativa (HS) and other similar conditions improving the quality of life for the patient.
- Potential for faster healing of the wound due the dressings staying in place for longer.
Sustainable opportunities/solutions/products on this framework
- HidraWear is a re-washable garment and can be washed and re-used up to 100 times saving waste going to landfill.
- It is designed to work for wounds in difficult to dress areas of the body, thereby considerably eliminating the wastage of ineffective wound care products that are being used without success in those locations today (reduced number of dressings).
- HidraWear empowers patients to self-manage their wounds, and therefore reduces a considerable number of hospital and clinic visits, as well as lowering the amount of community care resources required to support the patient.
- The base layer garments are sustainably manufactured, with the modal material used being made from fibres from birch trees. The material supplier is fully certified to ISO14001:2015 Environmental Quality Management Standards.
- The pad in the HidraWear dressings comprises a high proportion CMC, which is an anionic water-soluble polymer based on renewable cellulosic raw material.
See our Useful Links section to read more about this innovative product.
There is one supplier in total on the framework:
- Credenhill Ltd (Daylong Direct)
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Hospital Care and Out of Hospital Care Teams – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with UK procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.