Become a Supplier
Benefits of working with NHS Supply Chain
NHS Supply Chain brings certain benefits to suppliers that no other route to market can provide.
We currently deliver the following to our suppliers:
- Reduced point of sales, a single route to market for suppliers instead of ‘knocking on more than 250 NHS trust doors’. This is a key benefit for SMEs in particular.
- Specialist procurement conversations with suppliers. The Category Tower Service Providers (CTSPs) have buying teams which have specialist knowledge of their product areas.
- Regional distribution centres with over 10,000 stocked lines which allow for increased Supply Chain resilience.
- Suppliers are involved in the CTSP development of category and sourcing strategies, which are approved by our cross functional teams.
- NHS Supply Chain has a dedicated Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) team who engage regularly with suppliers, face to face, via this website and at a variety of national and regional events.
- Clearer route for innovative products into NHS Supply Chain through better links with and collaboration with national programmes, such as the National Wound Care Strategy.
We deliver the following for our customers:
- Individual account managers for each trust to assist identifying where product savings are available.
- Consolidated deliveries of Stocked and Blue Diamond (cross docked) items picked and packed for individual wards or departments.
- Consolidated weekly invoicing for trusts.
- NHS Supply Chain: Logistics is included for all suppliers.
See our Useful Links section for detailed information about the Contract and tender process that we follow..
Want to join the NHS Supply Chain?
There are a number of actions you can take to learn more about NHS Supply Chain and how you can become a supplier.