External Defibrillation Devices and Related Services and Accessories
This framework starts on 31 July 2023, runs for 48 months and ends on 30 July 2027.
Automatic External Defibrillators (AED) are portable electronic devices that give clear visual and audible step-by-step guidance in a sudden cardiac arrest situation. If needed, it can send an electric shock to the heart to try to restore a normal rhythm. These are widely used within the community.
There are two types of a defibrillator, the Manual Override (used by the emergency services) and the Manual Defibrillator (used by medical professionals in an ambulance or hospital environments).
The procedure involves the delivery of an electric shock to the heart which enables the heart muscles to re-establish normal rhythm.
All key suppliers, including 10 new suppliers, have been awarded onto this framework to provide customers with a greater choice of suppliers and products. Suppliers will have the option to range extend throughout the duration of this framework.
All products are CE marked and all suppliers have ISO 9001 or equivalent.
Cell AED is a new innovation product and has been added to Lot 1 of this framework. It is a handheld, smart single use personal AED.
There are three lots on this framework:
- Lot 1: Automated External Defibrillators (AED) with Optional Manual Override and Associated Accessories
- Lot 2: Manual Defibrillator Devices and Associated Accessories
- Lot 3: Mechanical Chest Compression Devices and Associated Accessories.
This framework will cover the capital purchase of the devices, but replacement consumables need to be purchased via the Electrodes, Ultrasound Gels, Defibrillation and Related Consumables framework. See our Useful Links section for further details.
Simulation devices have been removed from this framework and are available to purchase via the Simulation Devices and Services framework. See our Useful Links section for further details.
Please note: This is a direct framework agreement and you will need to quote your unique reference number (URN) when you place an order with your chosen supplier. See our Downloads section for contact information for direct suppliers on this framework agreement.
For further information please contact our Hospital Care Team.
AEDs in Schools
See our Useful Links section for more information on Automatic External Defibrillators in schools.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Aero Healthcare Ltd
- BHA Medical
- British Heart Foundation
- Cardiac Services
- Crest Medical
- Imperartive Training
- Martek Lifecare
- Mindray UK Ltd
- Nihon Koden
- Oscar Tech UK Ltd
- Reliance Medical
- Schiller UK
- Tamaki Group
- Wel Medical
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Hospital Care and Out of Hospital Care Teams – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with UK procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.