External Defibrillation Devices, Resuscitation and Simulation Manikins and Related Accessories
This framework starts on 12 August 2019, runs for 24 months and ends on 11 August 2021. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
Automatic External Defibrillators (AED) are portable electronic devices that give clear visual and audible step-by-step guidance in a sudden cardiac arrest situation. If needed, it can send an electric shock to the heart to try to restore a normal rhythm. These are widely used within the community.
There are two types of defibrillator, the Manual Override (used by the emergency services) and the Manual Defibrillator (used by medical professionals in ambulance or hospital environments).
The procedure involves the delivery of an electric shock to the heart which enables the heart muscles to re-establish normal rhythm.
We are pleased to offer a range of products and services and have a team on hand to support you throughout the procurement process. Services include:
- Arranging site visits
- Conducting supplier presentations
- Facilitating equipment evaluations
- Project planning.
For further information please contact your NHS Supply Chain Account Manager.
AEDs in Schools
See our Useful Links 🔗 section for more information on Automatic External Defibrillators in schools.
There are 18 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Four suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- Seven suppliers are new to the framework
- 11 suppliers are incumbent.
|Aero Healthcare Ltd||X|
|Cardiac Science Holdings UK Ltd||X|
|Imperative Training Ltd||X|
|Intermedical (UK) Ltd||X|
|Laerdal Medical Ltd||X|
|Mindray UK Ltd||X|
|Nihon Kohden UK Ltd||X|
|Ortus Technology Ltd||X|
|Prometheus Medical Ltd||X|
|Reliance Medical Ltd||X|
|Schiller UK Ltd||X|
|Simulaids UK Ltd||X|
|SISK Healthcare (UK) Ltd||X|
|Stryker UK Ltd||X|
|WEL Medical Ltd||X|
|ZOLL Medical UK Ltd||X|
There are seven lots on this new framework, see below:
- Lot 1 - Automated External Defibrillators for hospital and public access use
- Lot 2 - Automated External Defibrillators with manual override
- Lot 3 - Manual Defibrillators suitable for hospital
- Lot 4 - Manual Defibrillators suitable for ambulance
- Lot 5 - Mechanical chest compression devices
- Lot 6 - Resuscitation manikin
- Lot 7 - Simulation manikin (NEW category from previous framework)
For more information please contact your NHS Supply Chain Account Manager.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Account Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.