Electrodes, Ultrasound Gels, Defibrillation and Related Consumables
Due to a backlog of products being added to NHS Supply Chain’s online catalogue for the Electrodes, Ultrasound Gels, Defibrillation and Related Consumables and the Total Orthopaedic Solutions 3 contract launches many of the changes required as part of those launches – such as new pricing, delists and new codes – have not yet taken effect on the catalogue.
Trusts ordering of these products through the catalogue may be disrupted while the backlog is dealt with.
Further detail, including advice on managing orders, can be found in Important Customer Notice 2419. All further customers updates will be done through this ICN.
This framework starts on 1 February 2024, runs for 24 months and ends on 31 January 2026. This includes a 24 month extension.
ECG Electrodes are used to produce an electrocardiogram (ECG), a recording of the heart’s electrical activity. ECG Electrodes are used for long-term and short-term monitoring, and stress testing.
ECG Electrodes are commonly used in A&E, ambulances, and theatres, mostly in cardiology.
Defibrillation consumables are also used in Cardiology, aiding devices that send electrical pulses to the heart to restore a normal heartbeat.
Ultrasound gel is a water-based gel used to facilitate ultrasound scans. It is commonly used in maternity wards and urology.
There are nine Lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Ultrasound Gels
- Lot 2: Adult ECG Electrodes
- Lot 3: Paediatric / Neonatal ECG Electrodes
- Lot 4: Neurology Electrodes, Needles, and Cables
- Lot 5: Pre-Wired Electrodes
- Lot 6: Foetal Scalp Electrodes
- Lot 7: Abdominal CTG Belts
- Lot 8: Defibrillation Electrodes and Pads
- Lot 9: Related Consumables.
- Information for Clinical Choice will be available for Go-Live.
Net Zero and Social Value
From April 2022 all of our frameworks have adopted the Procurement Policy Notice 06/20. The suppliers on this framework have demonstrated their plans for:
- fighting climate change.
We are continually working with our suppliers on their sustainability agenda to reduce packaging waste and exploring ways to reduce our products air miles (UK based manufacturing). Any developments will be communicated to trusts when available.
There are 38 suppliers in total on this framework.
*Please note some suppliers are subject to conditions of award.
Three suppliers have not returned their signed framework agreements: Cardiac Services, Philips Electronics UK Limited and Vyaire Medical Products Limited.
- 3M United Kingdom PLC
- Ambu Limited
- British Heart Foundation
- Cardiac Services
- Cardinal Health UK 432 Limited
- ConMed UK Limited
- Ebrington (NI) Limited
- Electro Spyres Healthcare Limited
- Fannin UK Limited
- GE Medical Systems Limited
- GenX MediCare
- GS Medical Healthcare
- Henleys Medical Supplies Limited
- Henry Schein UK Holdings Limited
- It’s Interventional Limited
- Lyreco UK Limited
- Medevolve Limited
- Meditrade UK Limited
- MedScience Distribution Limited
- Mindray UK Limited
- Neoventa Medical Limited
- NISSHA Medical Technologies Limited
- Optimum Medical Solutions Limited
- Ortus Technology Limited
- OscarTech UK Limited*
- Philips Electronics UK Limited
- Reflex Medical Limited
- Reliance Medical Limited*
- Rocket Medical Plc
- Schiller UK Limited
- Sharon Services (UK) Limited
- SP Services Limited
- Stryker UK Limited*
- Surgical Holdings
- Techmed Charts UK Limited
- Vyaire Medical Products Limited
- Walters Medical Limited
- Zoll Medical UK Limited.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Hospital Care and Out of Hospital Care Teams – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with UK procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.