Electrodes, Ultrasound Gels, Defibrillation and Related Consumables
This framework starts on 9 March 2020, runs for 24 months and ends on 8 March 2022. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
ECG Electrodes are used to produce an electrocardiogram (ECG), a recording of the heart’s electrical activity. ECG Electrodes are used for long-term and short-term monitoring, and stress testing.
ECG Electrodes are commonly used in A&E and theatres, mostly in cardiology.
Defibrillation consumables are also used in Cardiology, aiding devices that send electrical pulses to the heart to restore a normal heartbeat.
Ultrasound gel is a water-based gel used to facilitate ultrasound scans. It is commonly used in maternity wards and urology.
The framework agreement covers the following areas:
- Adult ECG Electrodes
- Foetal Scalp Electrodes
- Neurology Electrodes
- Paediatric ECG Electrodes
- Pre-Wired Electrodes
- Abdominal CTG Belts
- Defibrillation Pads
- Ultrasound Gel
- Related Consumables.
Important notice – for stocked products only
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will take effect from the Go Live date, however product prices will not change until stock of all product at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Listings.
See our Useful Links 🔗 section for information on the NCP initiatives related to these product areas.
There are 27 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- 2 suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- 4 suppliers are new to the framework
- 21 suppliers are incumbent
- 14 suppliers have been delisted.
|Suppliers||Incumbent||New to NHS Supply Chain||New to Framework|
|3M United Kingdom PLC||X|
|Albert Waeschle Ltd||X|
|Ambu UK Ltd||X|
|Cardiac Science Holdings UK Ltd||X|
|Cardiac Services UK Ltd||X|
|Cardinal Health 432 Limited||X|
|Ebrington (NI) Ltd||X|
|Henleys Medical Supplies Limited||X|
|Henry Schein Medical||X|
|IMS Euro LTD||X|
|Mindray UK Ltd||X|
|Nissha Medical Technologies Ltd||X|
|Optima Medical Ltd||X|
|Optimum Medical Solutions Limited||X|
|Ortus Technology Limited||X|
|Rocket Medical PLC||X|
|Stryker UK Ltd||X|
|Techmed Charts UK Ltd||X|
|Walters Medical Ltd||X|
|Zoll Medical UK Ltd||X|
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Account Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.
- Sustainable procurement – we are working to reduce our carbon emissions by 15%.
Delisted ProductsAn Excel spreadsheet detailing the delisted products for Electrodes, Ultrasound Gels, Defibrillation and Related Consumables
Please log in to view this content.
Product ListingAn Excel spreadsheet detailing the Product Listing for Electrodes, Ultrasound Gels, Defibrillation and Related Consumables
Please log in to view this content.