Food To Go
This framework starts on 1 February 2018, runs for 36 months and ends on 31 January 2021. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
Detailed below is the initial overview for the outcome of this award and is subject to change.
There are 13 suppliers, of which three are new, both national and local distributors with an extensive choice of standard and seasonal products with a wide range of fish, meat, vegetarian, vegan, halal fillings to cater for all patient feeding.
Potential savings in excess of £70,000.
- Discount schedule to enable better prices from the framework when committing to a supplier.
- Post code matrix to identify suppliers that can deliver to specific areas.
- Bi-annual food safety auditing by external provider, at the cost of the supplier.
- Fixed pricing for ALL patient sandwiches to allow ease of budgeting for Catering Managers.
- Enhanced food safety criteria including additional audits and extra measures to minimise the risk of Listeria Monocytogenes.
- Taste tests offered and managed by NHS Supply Chain to ensure food quality.
- Set minimum nutritional standards for patient sandwiches (industry standard for all healthcare establishments).
- Supplier information on which products meet Government Buying Standards – helping you with your PLACE assessments.
- Claim back your VAT on retail sandwich sales.
- Dedicated single point of reference contact for all complaints, escalations and resolutions.
- Lot 1 – Patient Feeding.
The provision of sandwiches to patients as part of their food offer.
- Lot 2 – Retail Feeding.
The sale of sandwiches in the retail environment to staff and visitors to the hospital.
Please note: This is a direct framework agreement that works alongside the Government Buying Standards project, incorporating sustainable and ethical procurement.
See our Downloads ▼ section for supplier contact details and contract reference numbers in the ‘Supplier Contact Matrix’. There is also a Discount Matrix and a Post Code Matrix.
- Adelie Foods Ltd
- Fresha Limited
- Ginsters, a division of Samworth Brothers Ltd
- On A Roll Sandwich Company Ltd
- Raynor Foods Ltd
- Sandwich King
- Snackaway Ltd
- The Tuck Box (Andover) Ltd
- Tiffin Sandwiches Ltd
- Tillery Valley Foods Ltd
Ranges include, but are not limited to:
- Bacon rolls
- Japanese food
- Protein pots
- Snack pots
- Yoghurt pots.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Account Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.
- Sustainable procurement – we are working to reduce our carbon emissions by 15%.
Discount MatrixAn Excel file showing the products discounts that are included in this framework.
Post Code MatrixAn Excel file showing Post Code delivery information for this framework.
Supplier Contact MatrixContact information for suppliers on this direct framework agreement.