This framework starts on 30 March 2020, runs for 36 months and ends on 31 March 2023. This includes a 24 month extension.
The Fresh Food framework allows trusts to maintain local and regional supply with a choice of suppliers offering quality service and value. The suppliers who have been awarded to the framework should help to contribute to sustainability targets and commitment to supporting Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs). The framework should assist in keeping trust food miles to a minimum by promoting local produce.
NHS Supply Chain: Food will utilise our culinary, dietetic and market expertise and shared market insights to help trusts’ savings.
The new framework consists of three lots:
- Lot 1 – Milk, Dairy and Bread
- Lot 2 – Meat and Poultry
- Lot 3 – Fruit and Vegetables.
For more information please see the Product Categories section below or contact your NHS Supply Chain: Food Account Manager.
Please see table below for details of the awarded suppliers on this framework.
|Supplier||Lot 1||Lot 2||Lot 3||Incumbent||New to Framework||New to NHS Supply Chain|
|A G Axton and Sons (wholesale) Ltd||Y||Y|
|Arthur Brett Catering||Y||Y||Y|
|BFS Group Ltd T/A Bidvest Foodservice||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Braeforge Ltd T/A Pensworth||Y||Y|
|Brake Bros Ltd||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|C&G Wholesale Foods Ltd||Y||Y|
|Clifton Dairies Ltd||Y||Y|
|Cotteswold Dairy Ltd||Y||Y|
|Coultons Bread Ltd||Y||Y|
|Country Foods Ltd||Y||Y|
|Creamline Dairies Limited||Y||Y|
|DairyLink UK Ltd||Y||Y|
|Dunsters Farm Ltd||Y||Y|
|Embleton Hall Dairies Ltd||Y||Y|
|Freeman Catering Butchers||Y||Y|
|Fresh Direct UK Ltd||Y||Y||Y|
|Fresh n Fruity UK Ltd||Y||Y|
|Fresh Pastures Ltd||Y||Y|
|GW Price Ltd||Y||Y||Y|
|Hallam Country Fresh Foods||Y||Y|
|Island Foods Ltd||Y||Y|
|J R Wholesale (Sussex) Ltd||Y||Y||Y|
|J.W.Young (Butchers) Ltd||Y||Y|
|John Palin (Wholesale) Ltd||Y||Y||Y|
|John Sheppard Butchers Limited||Y||Y|
|JR Holland Food Services Limited||Y||Y|
|M A Forshaw Ltd||Y||Y|
|Medina Capital Dairy Company Limited||Y||Y|
|Middlesex Meat Company Ltd||Y||Y|
|Midland Foods Ltd||Y||Y|
|Minor Weir & Willis Ltd||Y||Y|
|Morris Quality Bakers||Y||Y|
|Mortons Dairies Ltd||Y||Y|
|Owen Taylor & Sons Ltd||Y||Y|
|PDF (Carlisle) Ltd||Y||Y|
|R Manners & Sons Ltd||Y||Y|
|Ralph Livesey Ltd||Y||Y||Y|
|Redbridge Produce & Flowers Ltd T/A Total Produce||Y||Y|
|Ribble Farm Fare Ltd||Y||Y|
|Scorse Foods Limited||Y||Y|
|Ralph Livesey Ltd||Y||Y||Y|
|Town Head Farm Products Ltd||Y||Y|
|W McClure Ltd||Y||Y|
|Wells Farm Dairy Ltd||Y||Y|
|West Country Milk Consortium Ltd||Y||Y|
|Winster Foods Ltd||Y||Y||Y|
- Milk, cream, non-dairy milk and cream, yoghurt
- Bread loaves, rolls, scones and crumpets
- Raw and fresh prepared meat (beef, pork, lamb) products
- Raw and fresh prepared poultry (chicken, turkey) products
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Prepared fruit and vegetables (washed, peeled, sliced and diced).
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.