Fresh Food DPS
The new DPS Agreement launched on 29 July 2022 allowing applications to be submitted by suppliers. The date of the first opening of competition under the Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) is forecasted as 16 January 2023 (depending on the application process) and will run for seven years ending on 28 February 2029. There is no to option to extend for additional months. The new DPS Agreement will replace the current Fresh Food Framework.
A Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) is unlike a traditional framework for the supply of goods, works or services. A DPS is an electronic system which suppliers can join at any time. An ‘open market’ solution, a DPS is designed to give buyers access to a pool of pre-qualified suppliers.
The DPS will look to bring and grow non-framework spend, and to capture local, regional, national and SME suppliers; ensuring trusts will have choices to achieve their individual and varied product needs. As part of the DPS, reopening of competition will be used to generate savings and to encourage trusts to align requirements regionally.
There are four Lots on this new agreement:
- Lot 1 – Milk, Dairy and Bakery
- Lot 2 – Fresh Meat, Poultry and Fish
- Lot 3 – Fruit, Vegetables and Salads
- Lot 4 – Meat Alternatives.
Net Zero and Social Value
From April 2022 all of our agreements have adopted the Procurement Policy Notice 06/20. The suppliers on this agreement have demonstrated their plans for:
- Tackling economic inequality
- Fighting climate change
- Equal opportunity
Sustainable opportunities/solutions/products on this agreement
We have highlighted five sustainability pillars areas of focus as follows:
- Carbon and greenhouse gas reduction
- Reduction/elimination of single use plastics
- Waste and the circular economy
- Transparency in supply chains, human rights and modern slavery
- Social value model – minimum 10% weighting for social value will be included at call off stages of the DPS.
For more information, please see the Product Categories section below or contact your NHS Supply Chain: Food Account Manager.
There are 63 suppliers in total:
- AG Axton & Sons (Wholesale) Ltd
- Arthur Brett Catering Ltd
- Basketdrop Ltd
- BFS Group LTD T/A Bidfood
- Bidfresh Limited trading as Oliver Kay
- Brake Bros Ltd
- Breadwinners Foundation
- C&G WHOLESALE FOODS LTD
- Chicken Joes Ltd, trading as Love Joes
- Cotteswold Dairy Ltd
- Country Fare Foodservice
- Country Fresh Foods
- County Foods Ltd
- Creamline Dairies Limited
- Dunsters Farm
- Embleton Hall Dairies Ltd
- Ferryfast produce T/A Worcester produce
- Freeman Catering Butchers
- Fresh Direct UK Limited
- Fresh Pastures Ltd
- GW Price Ltd
- Harlech Foodservice
- Hunts Food Group
- IMS of Smithfield
- Island Foods Ltd
- J R Holland Food Services Ltd
- W. Young (Butchers) ltd
- JAMES BURROWS LTD
- Johal Dairies Limited
- John Palin (Wholesale) Ltd
- John Sheppard Butchers
- Kent Dairy Company Limited
- Meatless Farm
- Middlesex Meat Company Ltd
- Midland Chilled Foods Limited
- Midland Foods Ltd
- Miller Food Service
- MINOR WEIR AND WILLIS LTD
- Morris Quality Bakers Ltd
- Mortons Dairies Ltd
- Multihope Ltd t/a Paynes Foodservice
- Nijjar Dairies
- Owen Taylors & sons Ltd
- Pioneer Foodservice
- PRESCOTT-THOMAS LTD
- R Manners & Sons
- Ralph Livesey Ltd
- Reynolds Catering Supplies Ltd
- Ribble Farm Fare Ltd.
- Scorse Foods Limited
- Set Produce Ltd
- Solent Butchers & Co. Ltd.
- SRSLY Ltd
- Strawberry Catering
- Tamar Fresh Ltd
- Total Produce
- TPB Foods Limited
- Turner Price (Country Range)
- Wells Farm Dairy Limited
- Welsh Hills Bakery Ltd
- West Country Milk
- West Horsley Dairy
- Yoplait UK.
- Milk, cream, non-dairy milk and cream, yoghurt
- Bread loaves, rolls, scones and crumpets
- Raw and fresh prepared meat (beef, pork, lamb) products
- Raw and fresh prepared poultry (chicken, turkey) products
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Prepared fruit and vegetables (washed, peeled, sliced and diced).
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.