Hot Beverages and Vending Solutions
The new framework starts on 16 November 2020, runs for 48 months and ends on 15 November 2024. This includes a 24 month extension.
The original framework Hot and Vending Beverages was split into two frameworks. Hot Beverages and Vending consumables cover patient feeding and retail lines. The new framework Hot Beverages and Vending Solutions which covers vending, machinery, equipment, service and maintenance.
There are 10 lots on the new framework. View Product Categories to see a list of all product areas.
This is a mini competition-based framework, we intend to offer trusts savings through running mini competitions between suppliers. We have a variety of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and market-leading suppliers on this framework so we can drive mini competitions, offering trusts a better choice as well as better savings.
- We have introduced new categories on the framework such as Hot and Chilled Food Vending to cover 24 hour food provisions.
- The cold drinks and snack category will now include a greater focus on healthy vending machines providing Commissioning for Quality and Innovation (CQUIN) compliant products.
- See our Useful Links section for further information on Reverse Vending, this new government bottle deposit scheme, encouraging trusts to recycle their packaging.
- Improved technological advances in vending such as telemetry and contactless payments.
There are 29 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- 22 suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- Three suppliers are new to the framework
- Four suppliers are incumbent
- One supplier Burlodge Ltd will no longer be on the framework.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Bridge Valley
- Refreshment Systems Ltd
- Selecta UK Ltd
- The Vending People.
New suppliers to the framework
- JDE Professional
- Nestle Professional
- Tchibo Coffee International Ltd.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain
- Angel Springs T/A Waterlogic Ltd
- Change Please (CIC)
- Clumsy Goat Ltd
- Cymraeg Vending Ltd
- Fairtrade Vending Limited
- Feast Point Limited
- Mr Lees Noodles
- North West Vending Limited
- Options Management Ltd
- RH Hall Microwave Ltd
- Scobie Equipment Limited
- Social Vend Ltd
- SV365 Technologies Ltd
- The Jar – Healthy Vending London
- The Nairobi Coffee & Tea Company
- Unisan Limited
- Upton Group Ltd
- Vending Enterprises
- Yumchop Foods Limited.
- Lot 1 - cold drinks vending machine, snacks vending machine, cold drinks and snacks combi vending machine
- Lot 2 - chilled food vending, chilled food refrigerated pods/lockers
- Lot 3 - instant coffee machine, bean to cup coffee machine, pod/sachet coffee machine
- Lot 4 - hot beverage equipment
- Lot 5 - hot food vending machine, hot soup server, ambient pods/lockers
- Lot 6 - ward beverage trolleys
- Lot 7 - bottle-fed water cooler, water dispenser, water bottle filling station, water cooler, water fountain
- Lot 8 - hospital “own brand” coffee shop, branded “franchise” coffee shop
- Lot 9 - reverse vending compactor
- Lot 10 - vending machine servicing and maintenance, ward beverage trolley servicing and maintenance water cooler servicing and maintenance, coffee machine servicing and maintenance, reverse vending servicing and maintenance.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.