Medical Pulp, Macerators and Support Products
This framework starts on 3 July 2023, runs for 24 months and ends on 2 July 2025. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
What are the benefits of using Medical Pulp?
- Reducing risk of infections:
Medical Pulp can reduce the risk of cross-infection when managing and disposing of human waste.
- Safe disposal procedures:
By safely disposing of single use urinals, bowls and dishes in a macerator after use, the risk of cross-contamination is removed when compared to traditional washing.
- Saving on costs:
Medical Pulp is also a cost-effective choice when comparing the cost of reusing metal receptacles. This includes the use of chemicals, energy costs for heating water and the staff time for manually cleaning.
- New lot to the framework – Bedpan Washers: Sustainable option for customers who choose to use reusable plastic waste management products/receptacles.
- Absorbent products including super absorbent gels and pads used for solidifying human waste spillages.
There are 5 Lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Medical Pulp Products
- Lot 2: Pulp Support Products
- Lot 3: Macerators and Associated Products
- Lot 4: Bedpan Washers and Associated Products
- Lot 5: Absorbent Products
The framework provides a National Contracted Product (NCP) from several suppliers, which will allow savings opportunities for customers.
If you are interested in making savings via the NCP, please speak to our Hospital Care Team.
There will also be Compare and Save opportunities available. See our Useful Links section for further details.
Net Zero and Social Value
From April 2022 all of our frameworks have adopted the Procurement Policy Notice 06/20. The suppliers on this framework have demonstrated their plans for:
- Tackling economic inequality
- Fighting climate change.
Sustainable opportunities/solutions/products on this framework
- Medical Pulp is made from over issued newspaper which has already been recycled several times from virgin pulp. As Medical Pulp, the raw material reaches end of life once it is macerated and disposed of. This category is a strong example of materials being used sustainably.
Please note: Lot 3 – Macerators and Associated Products and Lot 4 – Bedpan Washers and Associated Products are available both transacted and Direct routes to provide a capital spend option. All other lots are transacted route of supply. Direct routes will need to quote your unique reference number when you place an order with your chosen supplier.
There are 12 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 4 suppliers are incumbent
- 8 suppliers are new to the framework
- 2 suppliers have been delisted.
- Vernacare Limited
- Moulded Fibre Products Limited
- DDC Dolphin Limited
- Polyco Healthline Limited.
New suppliers to the framework
- Datesand Group
- Dekomed Limited
- Prosys International Limited
- Gen X Medicare
- Genmed Enterprises Limited
- Valley Northern Limited
- Paramount Packaging (UK) Limited
- Nine Group International.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Hospital Care and Out of Hospital Care Teams – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with UK procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.