Medical Pulp, Macerators and Support Products
Type: Contract Extension Reference: 2019/S 043-097820 Supply Route: Stocked, Blue Diamond, eDirect
Start Date: 4 March 2019 Expiry Date: 30 June 2023
This framework starts on 4 March 2019, runs for 52 months and ends on 30 June 2023. This includes a 39 months extension.
There are two lots on this framework:
- Lot 1 – Medical Pulp and Support Products
- Lot 2 – Macerators.
What are the benefits of using Medical Pulp?
- Reducing risk of infections:
Medical Pulp can reduce the risk of cross-infection when managing and disposing of human waste.
- Safe disposal procedures:
By safely disposing of single use urinals, bowls and dishes in a macerator after use, the risk of cross-contamination is removed when compared to traditional washing.
- Saving on costs:
Medical Pulp is also a cost-effective choice when comparing the cost of reusing metal receptacles. This includes the use of chemicals, energy costs for heating water and the staff time for manually cleaning.
- DDC Dolphin
- HPC Heathline
- Moulded Fibre Products
- Praxis Medical
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.