Multi Temperature Food Solutions
This framework starts on 9 August 2021, runs for 48 months and ends on 8 August 2025. This includes a 24 month extension.
The Multi Temperature Food Solutions (MTFS) framework is designed to provide an extensive range of multi temperature food products, delivered directly to NHS trust sites from a wide range of local and national suppliers. The framework comprises chilled, ambient, frozen and/or any combination of these to suit the products and volume required.
These products are usually used by the following departments:
- Catering departments / Chefs
- On site retail outlets
- Ward level food supplies
- Procurement departments
- Estates and facilities
- Other departments responsible for the supply of food.
There are two lots on the framework. View Product Categories to see a list of all product areas.
- During the procurement process we picked up on recommendations in the ‘Independent review of NHS hospital food 2020’ and utilised the quality criteria from the balanced scorecard to assess suppliers. This was namely on their supply chain assurance, health and wellbeing commitment, environmental sustainability, socio-economic initiatives, and the quality of service they offer.
- The range continues to match NHS trusts’ requirements regardless of your trusts type, spend value, single or multi requisition points, and multi volume needs.
- See our Useful Links ▼ section for further information on our Multi-Temperature Distribution (MTD) framework that sits alongside MTFS framework.
- Our new MTFS framework offers a more extensive range of products from a wider range of suppliers, whereas MTD has a smaller range but guarantees a stable national price. By making both available we can meet the varied needs of the NHS.
- Our product range includes options for specific dietary or nutritional needs (such as gluten free, allergen free, dairy free and vegan products), and products that represent the latest nutritional trends and innovations. The framework can therefore match the individual and varied needs of NHS trusts, and suit the nutritional recommendations in the ‘Independent review of NHS hospital food 2020’.
- By capturing suppliers’ environmental, sustainability and social value strategies we can better contribute to the net-zero NHS targets.
- Mini competitions will be run throughout the year in order to drive savings on this framework. We encourage trusts to contact their local Food Account Manager to discuss their requirements in more detail.
There are 18 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 10 suppliers are incumbent
- 8 suppliers are new to the framework
See our Downloads ▼ section for a full list of all suppliers on the supplier matrix.
- Lot 1: Frozen Food Products
- Lot 2: Multi Temperature Foods.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Hospital Care and Out of Hospital Care Teams – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with UK procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.