Patient Assessment Devices
This framework starts on 30 November 2020, runs for 24 months and ends on 29 November 2022.
This framework offers a wide range of essential devices used to assess the well-being and health of a patient across a number of hospital departments and community settings.
There are 9 lots on the new framework. View Product Categories to see a full list of all product areas covered.
- Lot 1-Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Lot 2-Otoscopes and Ophthalmoscopes
- Lot 3-Clinical Standard Stethoscopes
- Lot 4-Patient Weighing Scales and Measuring Devices
- Lot 5-Proctoscopes, Sigmoidoscopes and Anoscopes
- Lot 6-Dermatoscopes
- Lot 7-Personal Health Monitors, pedometers and portable EGC Monitors
- Lot 8-Assessment Lights and examination lights
- Lot 9-General Patient Assessment Products
- 1047 NPCs have no alternatives mapped
- 303 NPCs have indirect alternatives
- No NPCs have direct alternatives
There are 31 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- 6 suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- 11 suppliers are new to the framework
- 20 suppliers are incumbent
- 7 suppliers have been delisted.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework.
- 3M Health Care
- Albert Waeschle
- Bunzl Retail & Healthcare Supplies Ltd
- CIGA Healthcare
- Crest Medical
- Health-Care Equipment and Supplies Ltd
- Henleys Medical Supplies Limited
- Henry Schein Medical
- Marsden Weighing Machine Group
- Parburch Medical Developments Ltd
- PMS (Instruments) Ltd
- Robinson Healthcare
- ROCKET MEDICAL PLC
- Schuco International (London) Ltd
- THD (UK) Ltd
- Timesco Healthcare
- Welch Allyn UK LTD
- White Medical
- Williams Medical Supplies Ltd.
New suppliers to the framework
- AC Cossor & Sons
- Alive Cor
- InBody UK
- Maltron International Ltd
- Medi UK Ltd
- Rudolf Riester GmbH
- Syringa UK
- Timesource Ltd
- Uniplex UK Ltd
- Valley Northern Ltd.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain
- A & C Cossor
- Alive Cor
- InBody UK
- Maltron International Ltd
- Timesource Ltd.
- Lot 1-Blood Pressure Monitoring - Sphygmomanometers (Digital / Aneroid/Ambulatory) – Sphygmomanometer Accessories/Spare
- Lot 2 -Otoscopes and Ophthalmoscopes – Otoscope / Otoscope and ophthalmoscope set / Ophthalmoscope / Ophthalmoscope accessories
- Lot 3 -Clinical Standard Stethoscopes – Stethoscopes for doctors/nurses which can be cleaned and re-used
- Lot 4 -Patient Weighing Scales and Measuring Devices - for various settings such as wall, floor, mobile etc and also for swabs/medical testing
- Lot 5 -Proctoscopes, Sigmoidoscopes and Anoscopes – various types including with/without filters and variety of lighting types
- Lot 6 –Dermatoscopes – Dermatoscopes, biopsy punches and curettes
- Lot 7- Personal Health Monitors, pedometers, portable EGC Monitors – various types of small personal monitors for home/community/ward testing
- Lot 8 -Assessment Lights, examination lights – magnifying lighting, headband lighting and theatre lighting for patient examination
- Lot 9- General Patient Assessment Products-Ear Irrigator / Tuning fork /FOB Watches/ Pinard Stethoscopes/Tongue Blade Holder/Torch Examination Pen / Tongue Depressor/double and single sided nurse head stethoscopes/reusable reflex hammer/tourniquet.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.