This framework starts on 9 October 2023, will run for 24 months and ends on 8 October 2025. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
These single disposable aprons are used as a barrier to protect both clothing and user. Range of eight standard aprons, white and various colours to support use in various departments. Six of the aprons are 16 micron in thickness; available in white and five colours. And two are 35 micron in white and green for when a thicker grade is required.
The range also includes an additional three specialist aprons; 47 micron green, anti-static purple and also paediatric use (front absorbent paper laminated onto 20 micron plastic backing).
There are 11 products available to order via this framework, per regional split. All products are new apart from the available paediatric apron which has transferred across from the previous framework.
This framework previously formed part of the combined polymer framework. This new framework is Polymer Aprons 2023, other polymer products are available via the Polymer Products framework 2022.
There are 2 lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1 A, B, C – High Volume Standard Polymer Aprons
- Lot 2 – Low Volume Specialist Polymer Aprons.
Better pricing available following the tender process.
Net Zero and Social Value
From April 2022 all of our frameworks have adopted the Procurement Policy Notice 06/20. The suppliers on this framework have demonstrated their plans for:
- tackling economic inequality,
- fighting climate change,
Sustainable opportunities/solutions/products on this framework
Compostable Aprons have been identified for future use when Trusts are able to review opportunities to use once suitable waste streams are manageable.
Important notice – for stocked products only.
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all products at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
There are eight suppliers in total on this framework, four of which will trade from the point of launch, a further four held in reserve for increased resilience.
- Two suppliers are incumbent
- Six suppliers are new to the framework
- One supplier has been delisted.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- GV Health.
New suppliers to the framework
- PFF Plastics
- Vector Consumer
- GB UK Ltd
- Southgate Group Ltd.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.