The new framework starts on 31 October 2022, will run for 24 months and ends on 30 October 2024. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
The Polymer Products framework replaces the Plastic Polymer Products frameworks (2017 and 2018 ), this continues to offer customers consistency in products available and reliability in the volume of suppliers signed up. There is also additional focus on the resilience of supply by the introduction of more UK suppliers and awarded dual supply on Lots 1 and 2. Allowing a greater number of suppliers to provide Clinical and Offensive Waste Bags, and Black and Clear Domestic Waste Bags.
There are 9 lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1 – Clinical and Offensive Waste Bags
- Lot 2 – Black and Clear Domestic Waste Bags
- Lot 3 – Unprinted White Clear and Coloured Bags
- Lot 4 – Patient Property and Carrier Bags
- Lot 5 – Dissolvable Interleaved Laundry Bags
- Lot 6 – Specimen and Resealable Bags
- Lot 7 – Body Bags. These products have been provided via the PPE Route across the pandemic. Child, Adult, Adult Economy, Adult with Grab Handles will return to NHS Supply Chain catalogue from April 2023. Infant and Bariatric to remain free of charge PPE via Foundry until stocks deplete.
- Lot 8 – Alginate Stitch Laundry Bags
- Lot 9 – Specialist Lines.
Sustainable opportunities/ solutions/ products on this framework
Not all lines can be manufactured with recycled content due to the nature of the product. However, where possible 30% or more recycled content has been added. And 58 products are made from 85% recycled polythene or more. Eight products alone managed 100% recycled polythene.
Once the stock of the current codes has depleted customers will be able to purchase the from the new codes. This is to ensure all removal of previous stock is undertaken and there is no undue wastage. For any further information on this please speak to your local Customer Relationship Manager.
There are 5 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 3 suppliers are incumbent
- 2 suppliers are new to the framework
- 2 suppliers have been delisted.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Berry BPI Recycled Products
- GV Health Ltd
- Polystar Plastics Ltd
- Praxis Medical Ltd
- Slik-Pak Ltd.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Hospital Care and Out of Hospital Care Teams – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with UK procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.