Single Use Personal Protective Equipment and Medical Protective Consumables
The Single Use Personal Protective Equipment Framework has been split in to three launches with Lots 3 and 7 on 4 July 2022, Lots 1, 2, and 4 live on 3 April 2023, Lot 6 live in Q3 2023. All Lots have an expiry date of 31 December 2025, this includes an additional 24 month extension.
This framework replaces the Single Use Theatre Protective Clothing framework.
Products available on this framework include:
- Lot 1 – Single Use Sterile Surgical Gowns
- Lot 2 – Single Use Sterile Non-Surgical Gowns
- Lot 3 – Single Use Patient and Equipment Drapes
- Lot 4 – Single Use Respirators (includes Fit Testing solution)
- Lot 6 – Single Use Eye Protection
- Lot 7 – Single Use Protective Wear (includes theatre headwear, beard covers, overshoes, scrub shoes, coveralls and protective suits).
Please note: Lot 5 – Single Use Face Masks will be on a standalone framework agreement starting in December 2023. See our Useful Links for further information on this framework.
See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing for this framework. There is a separate product listing for Lots 3 and 7, and another product listing for Lots 1, 2, 4, and 6.
The provision of COVID-19 PPE will continue to be free of charge until 31 March 2024, as such certain products will be unavailable to order until the free PPE stocks are depleted. This means that some products will not be available at the framework launch.
Based on current customer ordering there is a forecasted transition for PPE product categories. See our Useful Links for further information on the PPE Transition and the GOV.UK Free PPE Estimated Stock-Out Dates.
The clinical evaluation of the products on this framework has been a piece of continuous work across the pandemic and as part of this framework sourcing strategy. It has been a complex and ongoing process that has been continually reflective and reliant on the NHS clinicians and organisational bodies. Here is an overview of stakeholder engagement:
- A Customer Engagement Panel was set up by the PPE cell to discuss products and information in the height of the pandemic. Customer feedback and engagement from the panel has been used to shape the specification for the products on this framework.
- Members of regulatory bodies, NHS England, the PPE cell, and the NHS Supply Chain Category Team held regular meetings to discuss requirements of products and ensuring products provided met the clinical specification and compliance.
- 36 different stakeholders were involved in the clinical engagement for this framework. Stakeholders from following job roles Theatre Practitioners, Lead Nurse for Infection Control, Head of Infection Control, Theatre Leads, Surgeons, Dental Practitioners, Dentists, Clinicians, PPE Manager, and Environment and Sustainability Manager.
- There are 76 suppliers in total on this framework.
- There are 23 suppliers which are UK Make.
- All suppliers adhere to the Labour Standards Assurance System (LSAS), ensuring that we provide an ethically sustainable range of products.
See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing for this framework. There is a separate product listing for Lots 3 and 7, and another product listing for Lots 1, 2, 4, and 6. Please note, Lot 5 products will be added later on in March 2023.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Hospital Care and Out of Hospital Care Teams – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with UK procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.