Disposable and Washable Continence Care and Associated Products
This framework starts on 2 August 2021, runs for 24 months and ends on 1 August 2023. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
Disposable and Washable Continence products are used throughout the NHS in both acute hospital wards and for patients in their own home or a care home. Products are used for the containment of involuntary bladder and bowel movements as well as bed and surface protection.
A full range of continence care products, including washable and reusable, is available on this framework. There are over 2,000 products on the new framework including 1,200 new products from new and incumbent suppliers.
Fixation Pants have been added back into this framework (in Lot 3) and new products include the addition of over 600 new washable and recycled products, as well as introducing new eco-friendly paediatric nappies to the framework.
There are eight Lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Adult Disposable Continence with Integral Fixation (includes pull ups, all-in-ones and belted)
- Lot 2: Adult Disposable Continence without Integral Fixation Pants (includes shaped including male, rectangular and insert and faecal)
- Lot 3: Fixation Pants for use with disposable pads (includes basic and comfort with and without legs)
- Lot 4: Paediatric Disposable Continence Products (includes nappies and pull ups)
- Lot 5: Disposable Accessory Products (includes procedure pads (formally underpads) and sheets)
- Lot 6: Adult Washable Continence Products (includes various adult washable underwear)
- Lot 7: Paediatric Washable Continence Products (includes various paediatric washable underwear)
- Lot 8: Washable Accessory Products (includes bed and surface production).
Wash creams for incontinence are available on our Urology, Bowel and Faecal Management framework. See our Useful Links section for further details on the Urology, Bowel and Faecal Management framework.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Listings.
The framework provides a National Pricing Matrix (NPM) from a number of suppliers, which will allow savings opportunities for customers who are able to consolidate their purchasing.
See our Downloads ▼ section for details of the NPM. If you are interested in making savings via the NPM, please speak to your Customer Relationship Manager.
Important notice – for stocked products only.
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all product at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
There are 14 suppliers on this framework in total, of which:
- 8 suppliers are incumbent
- 6 suppliers are new to the framework
- 6 suppliers are being delisted: AK Suppliers and Maintenance UK Limited, Drylock Technologies Limited, Fourstones Papermill Company Limited, Mahr Surgical, Robinson Healthcare and Medline Industries Limited.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework.
- Abena UK Limited
- Attends Limited
- Capatex Limited
- Essity UK Limited
- forma-care UK Limited
- MIP UK Limited
- Ontex Healthcare UK Limited
- P&S Healthcare Limited.
New suppliers to the framework
- Activ Medical Disposable UK Limited
- Alpine Health Group Limited
- iMEDicare Limited
- Paul Hartmann Limited
- Predo Hygiene UK Limited
- UK Medica Limited.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.