The new NHS Supply Chain is a redesigned service that aims to deliver improved procurement and logistics support to the NHS.
All NHS Supply Chain suppliers have access to the Supplier Portal, an online system to support supplier management tasks such as:
- Viewing the stock position of your products
- Creating and running reports including customer demand and service levels
- Accessing key NHS Supply Chain contacts
- Creating Advance Shipment Notice (ASN) for the National Distribution Centre (NDC)
- Amending Blue Diamond and stock orders and confirmed eDirect deliveries.
Please contact us for more information about procurement processes.
All of our suppliers are expected to adhere to the Supplier Code of Conduct – see our Downloads ▼ section for the latest version of this.
Supplier Relationship Management team
The Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) team act are a central point of contact between the NHS Supply Chain and its Category Tower Service Providers (CTSPs) for supplier related queries. Specifically for queries that cannot be answered by the relevant CTSP. Additionally. the team provide support for cross CTSP initiatives such as EU Exit Contingency Planning, Medical Device Regulations and Sustainability.
Procurement and Savings Calendar
Our Procurement and Savings Calendar is relevant to all suppliers (both current and prospective new suppliers) because it provides an overview of what tender activity is coming up. This should help with forward planning and knowledge of opportunities that are scheduled in our calendar for the current year.
Contract and tender process
In order for a product to be listed in the NHS Supply Chain Catalogue, it must be procured through a compliant tender and, if successful, will be listed on a Framework Agreement under the respective Category Tower Service Provider (CTSP).
NHS Supply Chain follows a compliant procurement process when purchasing goods for the NHS in accordance with Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (PCR2015). This involves:
- Following procedure where spend is above the Public Contracts Regulations threshold
- Advertising all tender opportunities on Contracts Finder
- Advertising all tender opportunities in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU), which can be viewed on the Tenders Electronic Daily (TED) website.
Supplier eProcurement Portal
Suppliers need to access this website if they are going to be tendering for business with NHS Supply Chain.
The web-based system brings together a suite of collaborative tools that enable NHS Supply Chain and suppliers suppliers to conduct the strategic activities of the procurement lifecycle.
It provides a simple, secure and efficient means for managing tendering activities, reducing the time and effort required for both buyers and suppliers.