This framework starts on 15 November 2021, runs for 24 months and ends on 14 November 2023. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
The Ambient Food framework offers a wider range of products including dietary options such as gluten and dairy-free lines as well as an increased supply of nutritional supplements, which have seen a large rise in demand.
We are focused on new product development and ensuring we stay up to date with the market trends. We have listened to your feedback and made more portion packs available to meet the demand for ward-based feeding, as well as the increase in demand for single-serve as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some of the products available on this framework can also be purchased through the Multi-Temperature Distribution framework and Multi-Temperature Food Solutions framework.
Have you Signed up for our Monthly Newsletter yet?
See our Useful Links section to find our easy to use enquiry form and select ‘register for our monthly newsletter,’ to hear about the products, promotions and services available from NHS Supply Chain Food.
There are 17 Lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1 – Canned goods
- Lot 2 – Oral Nutritional Supplements, Thickeners and Glucose Products
- Lot 3 – Cereals and Porridge
- Lot 4 – Jams
- Lot 5 – Reduced Energy Jams
- Lot 6 – Gravy, Bouillons and Cooking Sauces
- Lot 7 – Single Serve Instant Soups
- Lot 8 – Bulk Soup
- Lot 9 – Custard
- Lot 10 – Condiments
- Lot 11 – Sugar
- Lot 12 – Sugar Portions
- Lot 13 – Sweeteners
- Lot 14 – Milk Powder and Portions
- Lot 15 – Non-Dairy Milk Alternatives
- Lot 16 – Edible Oils
- Lot 17 – Grocery Lines.
Important notice – for stocked products only.
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all products at the old framework price has been depleted.
There are 28 suppliers in total on this framework.
21 suppliers are incumbent
7 suppliers are new to the framework
2 suppliers have been delisted.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.