This framework starts on 1 May 2017, runs for 48 months and ends on 29 April 2021. This includes a 24 months extension.
The Ambient Food framework is an amalgamation of five previous frameworks:
- Canned goods
- Desserts and preserves
- Dried goods
- Milk powders and portions
- Nutritional supplements.
The agreement now covers products including: ambient milk powders and portions, general commodity based dried goods, breakfast cereal, dessert mixes and soups, canned goods and edible oil, nutritional supplements and preserves. The strategy behind the amalgamation was to deliver better choice and value. Departments that may buy these products are catering and facilities as well as individual wards. All products listed comply with Government Buying Standards guidelines and allergen information is available to view on our online catalogue.
Due to currency fluctuation as well as unstable commodity prices within this market, we have seen a number of products be subject to prices increases. We are taking steps to reduce the impact to customers through a number of activities, including; price ranking where possible, compare and save to highlight potential switching opportunities plus we will additionally run e-auctions on all commodity base lines including sugar, flour, pasta, rice, canned fruit, canned veg and canned meat goods. These will be communicated further as soon as possible on a trust by trust basis.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Listings.
For additional information please contact your Account Manager or Customer Services Advisor.
- Aimia Foods
- BBI Healthcare
- Dietary Foods Ltd
- Hain Daniels
- HJ Heinz
- Ivory and Ledoux Ltd
- Lakeland Dairy Ltd (Pritchitts)
- MacEwen Falconer & Co Ltd
- Marillo Foods Ltd
- Martin Mathew Ltd
- Nestle Cereal Partners UK
- Nestle Professional
- Nestle UK Ltd
- Nutricia Ltd
- Premier Foods
- Sleaford Quality Foods Ltd
- SPL Foods Limited
- T&L Sugars Ltd
- The Silver Spoon Company
- Tilda Ltd
- Unilever Food Solutions
- Weetabix Ltd.
- Commodities and seasonal goods
- Dried goods, desserts and preserves
- Non-seasonal goods
- Nutritional supplements.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.
Product ListingAn Excel file showing the products that are included in this framework.
Please log in to view this content.