FFP3 Face Mask Respirator
Important Customer Notice Resolved
- A new PPE Dedicated Supply Channel has now launched for Acute, Mental Health, Community, Integrated Care and Ambulance trusts.
- This new channel has been developed to:
- Increase capacity
- Ensure that PPE product push out volumes are in line with NHS England consumption models.
- Protect stockholding.
- This ICN contains information on products now covered under the list of PPE products managed by the new Supply Channel.
- Enquiries relating to the products held within this ICN, and any other PPE stock should be directed to the new Supply Channel.
- See our Useful Links 🔗 section for information on the new Dedicated PPE Supply Channel and its PPE product listing.
- Additional face masks are now available for distribution.
- As these products have come from national stockpiles, your trust may be provided with a different face mask from the one usually purchased.
- This will require fit testing for colleagues who will be wearing them.
- Please note that your trust will be provided with this type of FFP3 respirator for the foreseeable future.
See our Useful Links 🔗 section to read the Health and Safety Executive’s guidance on how to fit test Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE).
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
- Following discussions with Department of Health and Social Care, NHS England, NHS Improvement and Public Health England as of Thursday 20 February 2020 we will be managing the demand for PPE products starting with FFP3 Respirators to maintain continuity of supply across the network. We have seen an increased demand for PPE products over the last two weeks as NHS trusts have put in place preparedness measures. As a result, we are implementing controls on excessive order quantities to ensure stocks are managed fairly for all of our customers.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to view the product listing for further information on the affected product codes.
- Orders placed for excessive order quantities may be subject to automatic system reduction.
- Any multiple orders placed by customers may be cancelled.
Customers should be prepared to switch to alternative products if necessary.
- As stock will be moving rapidly across all of these product codes please be aware that some products may be temporarily unavailable to order.
- If organisations do experience difficulties in obtaining products they require, then they should contact NHS Supply Chain’s Customer Services in the first instance.
- If they can’t resolve the situation and should this lead to an immediate impact on patient care and staff safety they should then contact their local EPRR lead.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.
978 FFP3 Face Masks Product ListingAn Excel file detailing the affected product codes for ICN 978
Please log in to view this content.